Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What if he does semi good against Seattle?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Well yeah- what QB doesn't get brought back to earth with the Seahawks?

Impressive so far with his ability to extend plays and his pocket awareness. Very difficult to sack because he is athletic enough to get the ball out while being brought down. And he does appear to go through his progressions quickly which is impressive for a rookie.

He makes plays with his arm just as much as with his legs. That's what is worrisome to me. And he doesn't appear to be be caught up in the celebrity part of being a franchise QB. At this point, I'd be surprised if self destructs the way Young, Cam Newton, Manziel etc did.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Correct
    You know what I mean. But play your little games.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What little games?

5. Wingman

Wingman Starter

Watson is off to a great start but I think it is the play calling more than his ability. Look at his measurables and you will find an undersized qb with a weak arm ( 49 at combine) with 4.6 plus speed. Teams will figure him out. His combine and pro day measurables caused him to drop in the draft. But I will admit he is off to an incredible start

6. Wingman

Wingman Starter

#fakefan

7. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

I hate Watson but he's now the best QB in the divsion with Luck being hurt. Titans need to find their QB because Mariota is not it.

• Troll Troll x 4
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
    • Boring Boring x 2
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He shows promise but I'm not going to anoint any QB based on six games.

A lot of the same things you mention here were said of Mariota early his rookie year with a bad OL and no talent around him.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Wingman

Wingman Starter

56 tds vs 22 ints by age 23

92 plus qb rating on a bad team with weak receivers

3rd most rushing yards by qb in that span

Made the top 50 NFL players after year 2.

Pretty sure we are set at qb for the next decade

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Still reserving my judgement but he has played good. The real tell tale of how good Watson is/will be is how he reacts to having a crappy game or if the Texans lose a few in a row.
    If I remember, VY was fine when he originally came in partly due to some wins but when he started to struggle and the Titans weren't winning he started or came out with the Fisher hates me drama.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar