Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Desmond Bishop to be released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Jun 12, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Ontario Titan Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $596
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  2. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,823
    You know I thought this guy was something last summer, I'd love to hear we're kicking the tires on this guy.
  3. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,712
    Would be nice. Could still use LB depth.
  4. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,373
    Lol. As much as we've been active in free agency... Last team I saw go out and make a dream team...... Was terrible that year. Absolutely terrible.
  5. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,712
    Yeah, but they had a dog killer and a guy who dances shirtless with men playing QB for them
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  6. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,373
    Dog the bounty killer can still play. Maybe not last year... Dude was a fumble machine but c'mon.... He ain't Tebow.
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  7. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,712
    Does not matter. He is cursed.
  8. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $551
    I wouldn't say we are building a 'dream team' though. To me, a dream team is just a bunch of big name FAs. It usually fails because teams seem to go out and get big names, but not really fills holes or get guys that fit their schemes. I think this is similar to what miami has done.

We went out and got a bunch of FAs, but really no big names. Levitre is the biggest name, but he isn't a house hold name. We just went out and filled holes IMO. Reminds me more of the year we got Thorton, Mawae, Hope, Harper, etc ... that worked out pretty well for us
  9. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $22,373
    This is true. I'm just making sure people realize that most teams that stock upon in Fa, don't tend to win a bunch of games
  10. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $5,417
    I don't think Bishop is exactly a "big name" FA. I looked at some Packers forums to see their fan's reactions, and they are fine with losing him. He is great in run defense, but terrible in coverage. The lack of coverage is a bit of a liability for a MLB.

But then again, he could be a decent situational player, and we need more depth behind Crutches McCarthy. Bishop wants a pay raise from Green Bay, and I doubt we'll spend a lot on him.