Desmond King, CB, Iowa

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

King is a zone guy. He's not going to turn and run with guys well but with his eyes on the qb and some space- he'll make plays.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Zone guy? Yuck!

Any ******* can learn to become a zone guy, we want to draft players who can over power, outrun, and simply beat the man in front of them.

You tell me a guy is a zone guy and I think hes slow and will be beaten to death play after play..

3. JCBRAVE

I just read a scouting report on King, the phrase "physical enough" came up. Another red flag that he will not be very good.

Can someone tell me why we'd want this guy?

4. Clark

Primarily due to scheme. BDLebeau is a zone blitz kinda coach. King has a knack for the ball when he's comfortable. "Physical enough" is bs, the dude is a train when he's going forward, would be a strong nickel.

I prefer the guys who can just man up as well but that's not what ANY of our cbs are currently. King vertically will get abused but his coverage in smaller areas is very strong, gets PBUs often.

5. JCBRAVE

Thats what they said about Valentino Blake and Rashad Johnson upon the time of their arrivals too. And then they went out there and got WHOOPED regularly.

I do not want to be using early picks on guys who can not get by on their own god given talents. Because when all else fails (and it happens a lot with rookies) they should be able to fall back on their natural abilities and recover somehow after giving up a step. This is a huge reason Im still so high on Adoree Jackson. Even after hes duped by a smart QB he's still able to get on his horse and run down most ball carriers. Same with Corn Elder and a couple others.

King IMO is a later round pick type of guy, maybe similar to Alterraun Verner. But even with Verner looked how hes shaped out. Guys about to get cut from the Bucs in such a short time after being signed to a huge deal..

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  6. Clark

You get this guy bracketing or working the nickel and you get more of everything that makes him stand out.

7. JCBRAVE

Well this would be a very good move for King IMO, probably would save his career from ending in 2 years at CB

8. Clark

Those first round talks quickly plummeted with King. But if you have an extra third...

And dismissing scheme doesn't help your argument Brave. They might not go after higher rated man guys because they just feel like they can get guys to work in the scheme later on. Not that I agree with it but BDL in Pittsburg was constantly using extras and scraps on the back end.

9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

He's going to try and make the switch now or did he play any safety in college or ever before? If he's just going to start the transition now and never played it before I drop him down to a mid rounder

10. JCBRAVE

Im familiar with BDL and his CB's hes had over the years, but look at what just happened in 2016. Youre saying the same things BDL fans were saying when we didnt go after premier names at CB last offseason.

We have a middle of the pack front-seven, pair that with a below average secondary and youre as good as dead out there.

We cant afford to trust BDL's scheme, we NEED bad ass MFer's!!!!!
    [​IMG]

• Troll Troll x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar