Desmond Trufant or Xavier Rhodes?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

Pissed that we just drafted a 6'6" 270lb beast that moves like a corner? Yeah, that would suck!

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

But can he play football?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

Here's to hoping our "scheme" of having DB's play 15 yards off the receiver every down chnages next year. :beerbang:

I can't speak to Trufant as I havent watched enough of him, but I really like Rhodes. If we dont take him at 10, Miami's got him at 13. The one thing I remember when I watched some FSU games this year was how big the dude looked, I mean that guy is a beast. I was very impressed with his play. On a similar note I was unimpressed with Werner's play when I watched FSU games.

4. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

But, again, can he play football?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I prefer Trufant to Rhodes, I mean anybody would look good when Bjoern Werner and Tank Carradine are in front of them chasing QB's.

6. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I prefer that we cut Amano and restructure Matt's contract. Get Antoine Winfield and draft Chance at 10. If we get a stud DE at 10 and draft Larry Warford in the 2nd, I can live with that also.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I watched the FSU vs Clemson game and I'm fairly certain Hopkins tore it up against Rhodes a few times and that kind of scares me off a bit. The 2 Washington games I watched this year they talked up Trufant a bit but he looked alright. I missed the USC game and apparently he shut down Lee but not really certain. So just based off that and the reports/film I've been able to find online I still like Trufant but Rhodes is a pretty interesting guy.

The biggest question to me though is would the Titans actually take one of these guys at 10? It seems like we're addressing all of our needs in FA except this position so, again, that leads me to believe we go CB early. I really think it's going to come down to Ansah or Trufant/Rhodes. Warmack/Cooper is still a good pick and a safe one but plenty of talent in this draft at the OG position. We could go out and get a difference maker on defense with the 10th pick, rather go that direction.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea because when are we picking 10th again? Hopefully never.

At 10 you can get a guy who's a difference maker. A Guard is needed, but they're not that big of a difference maker. We can wait til 39 to get a G

9. Carp

Carp Starter

I like Trufant myself. But I would like to trade down to get him if possible.

10. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Who is a stud DE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar