Despite Doubters, Fisher Knew Winning Streak Possible

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I agree. As for Fish not wanting to start rookies, I think it depends on the position. Big difference between starting a rookie DE or CB than starting a rookie QB.

I am just glad he is the starter before we went 0-12.
    and if you don't think we'd still be win less with KFC at the helm.....Bahhhh...

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Classic.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Classic. :ha:

4. Nine

Nine Starter

It's hard to distinguish the demarcation between coaches' influence and the effect of VY's leadership, but there's no question that the coaching staff has done an outstanding job this year. What we've seen over the last few weeks has been Fisher's finest hour.

However, nobody's perfect, and I gotta agree with Bongo here....Fisher's flaw is an intrinsic mistrust of all rookies. Going all the way back to 1999, there has not been a single instance where Fisher has demoted an established veteran starter in favor of a more talented rookie. Not a single one. (And no, Pacman and Reynaldo don't count; they replaced Woolfolk and Beckham....rookies replacing career backups.) This year, Finnegan put up a remarkable performance in his only appearance at cornerback, and Lowry looked very good when he stepped in for Hope yesterday....but there's no way they'll get consideration for a starting job until there's an injury to the incumbent, even though the incumbents are two of the defense's biggest liabilities. (Seriously....how many touchdowns does LT have to give up before Fisher gives someone else a shot? He's gotta be in double-digits already.)

However....I digress. Other than his refusal to bench underperforming veterans, Fisher has had this team playing WAY over their heads for the past couple months.

Do you realize that in the past seven weeks, the Titans are tied for the second-best W/L record in the entire NFL? Only the 6-1 Chargers have been better; the Titans five wins ranks them alongside the Colts, Pats, Bears, Cowboys, and Chiefs(!), and ahead of the Ravens and Saints. (And it ain't like we're facing a bunch of patsies...those seven games came against some pretty formidable opponents.) Of course, VY's influence has been enormous.....but we've also seen arguably the best coaching performance of Fisher's career.

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

can bongo be our new coach?

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I give him credit, he pulled the plug on Collins for Vince. I don't care how or why he did it, he did it, and that bought him more time in my book. It was the right decision in the face of his own instinct and in the face of his own pride.

7. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Bud demanded it ................Fish had no choice.

FR will be in NY and we will get Jerry Reese from the Giants.............and stuck with Fish and JS for another 5 yrs of misery

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

it won't be of misery, Im certain

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you know a play book has like 400 pages or something.
    no harm in waiting until guys know what they are doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar