Despite Loss, Titans Commited to Improving

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: On Monday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher commented on how his team is dedicated to improving each time they take the field and that there are no moral victories. "You have to put winning and losing in perspective. You can’t just accept the fact that we played well and we didn’t win. We talked about moral victories," said Fisher. "The one thing I am pleased with is that they are committed to improving. That’s what we’ve done the last couple of weeks. Inside the building, in the classroom the last two weeks, these plans have been completely different. Week 1, defensively, we’ve got to load up and play a physical game and stop the run. Yesterday was all about being patient. I thought the defensive staff did a great job of preparing the guys."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i will be interested in seeing how the defensive staff decides to attack the saints. we all know they have fire power to score points in bunches, but they haven't done it so far this season.

do we sit back like we did against the colts or do we attack like we did against the jags?

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Attack like the jags. Although I was quite impressed with the gameplan against the Colts ...... almost, ALMOST worked to perfection.

Glad we were able to wrap Fisher up for a couple more years.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

More improv-ing. Interesting.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

If it was me I would say Zone Blitz the Crap out of the Saints, now what Chief Red Hat will do is drop everyone back in coverage and wait for Brees to kill you..

I also think Vince should put up some hefty numbers against the Anemic Saints D

6. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

We can't get to comfortable with the saints, they are playing in front of their home crowd and they are 0-2! So they will come out to play hard ball. we need to look out for the deep ball just like we did Payton and, Watch out for that swing pass to regie on the flat. Stuff the front line and rush the heck out of Drew Brees, making throw little dump passes here and there. Lendale and Chris must step up on the bruise the secondary with the ground ground game, Vince Young needs to convert on the red zone along with the WR'S. GO TITANS!!:yes:

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Manning handles the blitz better than anyone, probably - Brees looks like he can easily be rattled. Gotta go after him, I think. Our corners have held their own so far. Blitz early on their side of the field, so if we give up a big one we can still tighten it up and keep them to 3 points. If we don't get burned and we get to him early we can take control of the game quick.

8. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Oddly enough, that's exactly how I read the article at first! I thought...yeah, having Vince run around a bit more would help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar