Details on Deals for Givens and Mawae

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the addition of WR David Givens and C Kevin Mawae, the Titans added both talent and experience along with filling some gaps on the offense. Givens received a five-year deal worth $24 million overall which includes a signing bonus of $6 million. He has a $2 million roster bonus in 2007, and is scheduled to earn base salaries of $800,000 in 2006, $2.5 million ('07), $3.5 million ('08), $3.5 million ('09) and $4.2 million in 2010. He has roster bonuses of $500,000 in the final three years of the deal. Mawae has $1 million of next year's salary guaranteed, and is scheduled to earn base salaries of $750,000 in '06, $2.5 million (in '07), $2.25 million (in '08) and $2.5 million (in '09).

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I like the deals. Givens salary is biggest next yr when we know we have tons of cap room. The final yrs don't get outrageous like some backloaded contracts of the past either.

Mawae gets 4 mil of guaranteed money, but after next yr cutting him would not be a big cap charge at all.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I thought salaries in contracts had to go up every year.

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:suspect:

Where did you see that?

5. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I like the deals I guess. I am certainly happy to see the team out there spending money. I just keep thinking that's a lot of money Givens.
    I've seen a lot of people post that they think he's our number one, not in my opinion. He certainly has the chance, but Bennett has proven to be more productive. He will be a plus, I can't wait to see our receivers in a couple of seasons.

6. maximus

maximus Starter

104.5 the zone wake up show said that we still had around 5-6 million to spend. That should allow us to sign Hope, Griesen, Rookies, and if we cut/Trade Sirmon like he has requested, we will recoup that money

7. But a good chunk of that is tabbed for the draft...

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Not if they restructure McNair and dump Sirmon. :brow:

9. maximus

maximus Starter

Approximately how much will be needed to sign the draft picks

10. I'm not sure what the rooke cap will be for us. I had figured $4.5M before the new CBA, so maybe it's about $5M now. We've already accounted for about $2.25M of that already. So, if the $5M figure is accurate, we'll need another $2.75M to cover the rookie cap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar