Devin Hester or Anquan Boldin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan9, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Well Hester is threatning to holdout the entire year. Is it possible he could become available? If Im the Titans I would offer a 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick. As for Boldin he sounds like he wants out of Arizona right now. I think he would be great in the Titans offense and fits us well. I would offer either a 1st or a 2nd and 5th for him...

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The Bears aren't letting Hester go.

If the Cardinals were willing to let Boldin go, they would have done it before the draft. He may become available after this season ends, but not before then.

Neither one is a possibility for us. End of story.

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I may be wrong but I believe Hester has already broke and reported to camp.

4. terrykalaka

terrykalaka Camp Fodder

yeah hester reported for camp. boldin is saying he won't play for the cards beyond this season. he'd be great pick-up, for big bucks probably. hester is good, but he ain't that good, untill he could contribute more on offense he wouldn't be worth that much in a trade I wouldn't think

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Hester I'm not so big on (come on man, you return kicks for two years and suddenly you want the mega-bucks??), but I'd have to say I'm a little enticed by Anquan Boldin.
    I agree that Boldin isn't going to be available (or at least not to the Titans), but he's definitely a great receiver who could prove valuable, but the whole free agent wide receiver thing has actually made me superstitious.

6. hester isnt worth our time

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Hester is at camp, Boldin is playing his contract out. I would take Boldin, but if Hester proves to be a decent Wr, I would take Hester

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hester is a joke. Good vision and being able to run a straight line for touchdowns isn't worth big money.
    He's had 3 impressive kick/punt returns his entire life. 1 was against duke...so...

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Hester isn't a joke. I agree that I wouldn't break the bank for him and for this situation take Boldin over him .... but I certainly wouldn't mind him on our team. 3 impressive kick/punt returns? Anytime a kick/punt is returned to the house it is impressive.

Nice Finnegan image.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Boldin is going to play out his contract, which runs through 2010, so we've got a while before that discussion is relevant. However, he's said that he's not even going to negotiate with the cardinals, and that he's just going to hit the market. I'm betting he breaks 80 million if it really goes down like that. Two years from now, if he's still a top WR and actually hits the open market, he'll get something crazy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar