Devin McCourty

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Mouton is the future. But I like the idea of having both Mccourty's. I think we got two good future CBs in last year's draft.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

What leads you to believe this?

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I thought Mouton did look really good in preseason especially when he had that pick six. But as unfair as it may be, I totally lost confidence in him after that Jets game. Sure he ate it in the return game but still, he failed miserably. And after that, the limited time he did play at CB, he looked lost. A lot of that is rookie stuff, but you can only blame so much of it on that.

McCourty wasn't bad, wasn't good either. I'm sure if given more playing time they'd both become good players. But then again they might not.

Too hard to tell at this point.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mouton gets hurt every time he ties his shoes. I love the guy- he's a great dude. But I just don't think he'll ever play consistently.

Even he'll tell you that he can't step on field without ending up injured. He wants to joke about it, but it kills him.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mouton will be an option in a year or two, not now tho. We still are in need of a second corner. And I'm one who would carry 4 staring corners if we could.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Cox looks like a bust waiting to happen. He's got the right measureables, but for some reason can't seem to put it all together. He got toasted quite a bit for a CB with his athleticism and size. Plus, he doesn't look like the best return guy. I don't like him. Looks like a real boom or bust guy with more boom than bust unless he gets the right coaching/system and 'finally gets it.'

If we're gonna keep playing a cover 2 zone base D, I could see them taking Syd'quan Thompson in rnd 3 if we don't go CB earlier.

Gut

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

^First we had Sen'Derrick, then came Syd'quan, what next?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Finnegan was a 7th rd pick from a tiny school and we knew after a few games he was a player. If a guy can't cover anyone as a rookie what is likely to change in a year or 2? It's not rocket science.

Mouton never even played outside from what i remember he backed up Fuller at NB and couldn't handle that.

Mouton brings to mind Waddell and Gardner 2 guys who never got better over time. I hope i'm wrong and i'm still holding out hope he can help in the return game.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mccourty in the third and Arenas in the 4th sounds like some good value to me.

Can Devin return kicks at this level? His brother returned kicks at Rutgers but was of no use to us as a return man last year.

If they see him as a viable KR guy that would obviously increase his prospective value.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't know what your definition of putting it all together is but he leading the entire country in passes defended and getting 2 ints on back to back plays in the senior bowl practice might qualify. He gets his hands on a lot of balls he had 19 passes defended and 4 picks this year despite missing 2 games.

How would you compare Cox as a prospect to Butler last year a guy i know you liked last year? Probably a reach to get him in rd 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar