Dexter Season 4

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Yossarian, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

at what point did you see it coming, was it in the finale or prior to it? PM if you don't want to post spoilers.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Dexter is my favorite show currently running. Before this season the first was my favorite. Followed by the second and then the third. But I gotta say, this was probably my favorite season of the series. Amazing finale and Arthur was without a doubt the best villain the show has ever seen.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd also like to know. I'm usually pretty good at seeing things like that coming but it caught me completely off guard.

----------SPOILERS---------------
    Obviously I figured it out when Dexter called Rita and you heard the phone ring from inside the house. But before that the thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I assumed Rita made it out of the house safe since it showed Dexter walking her to the cab.
    -----------------------------------

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

SPOILERS

It was just a gut feeling. And let me say that I have been decent about calling plot points for the series in the past, usually just on gut-reactions. Called the Ice-Truck Killer being that doctor the minute I heard what his business was, and also that Lyla would kill Doakes (although I didn't call the fire part, which I should have). In terms of calling Rita's expiration, it just seemed logical for what the writers wanted to do; Rita was the light that could silence Dexter's dark passenger at times, and it was only getting stronger. The show itself isn't going to play out well with a normalized Dexter - it needs him dark, aloof to the needs of others, and struggling with his demons. Season 4 had given viewers enough of a taste in that, and then it was time to take it away. In terms of WHEN I predicted it, I'd say about midseason when the pattern of trinity was set, and I figured he'd either have her in the bathtub with the baby there, or throw her off the a high story with the baby watching.

Now, it sets him up as, IMO, the potential for an incredible season 5. We have Dexter, now probably cold AND angry (a new emotion really), with the responsibility for three kids (one of which is "fated" to become what he is). And all of this with the fact that he knows all of this IS his fault. It's a classic tragedy.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

All I can say is thank god for Rita's fate.. Couldn't wait for her to go (and knew she would). The Season 4 Rita and Season 1 Rita were two completely different characters.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Couldn't agree more. Dexter can finally be Dexter again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar