Dexter Season 7

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If you have the time it is worth watching. A lot of people love it, I just like it.

2. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

The commercials look pretty cool. I am just now starting breaking bad. Have no idea why it has taken me so long to watch it

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Nah man..
    There is suspension of belief in the premise of any fiction, but to center fictional dramatic elements in a believable environment and to unfold events in a manner as close to believable as possible considering the context is typically what makes great drama work. When the story is repeatedly using not -so-clever conveniences to tie the story together it totally loses its effectiveness.
    If Homeland is breaking that rule I'm certainly not seeing it. In fact, there is a clear, clean arc developing in that show. I doubt we'll see "what unexpected situation Carrie and Brody will fall into next" after they conclude the current debacle.
    However Dexter seems to end one parallel serial killer dilemma and casually fall into another one in a matter of moments. Not one day had transpired since Dexter ended the Tableau Killer's reign before encountering this new nemesis - clearly just to have something going on whilst he faces the drama with Deb.
    And setting up a "kill room" in the airport's lost luggage closet is just laughable. Winging it nonetheless..

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If you want battle scenes and helicopters - no..
    But if you want top acting and dramatic tension against a politically charged story that keeps you guessing then yes..
    Claire Danes as the obsessive bipolar CIA flop-out just won her Emmy honors - which she definitely deserved.
    It's a relevant show that definitely works..
    You MUST watch it from the beginning though..

5. Alex1939

Well I agree with that last sentence completely.

But I think the entire premise of Homeland is unbelievable. I don't see a scenario where breaking into the Vice Presidents safe was in any way believable in Homeland. Or that they vetted a guy for VP nomination and miss that he has muslim items in his garage, or buries them in his yard.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

LOL.. Two words: Sarah Palin.
    And technically is was a Vice Presidential nom/ representative that accessed a CIA head's safe..

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That was laughable. I definitely rolled my eyes at that. But on the other hand, the idea that Dexter has been doing this for so long ("winging it" many times) and never been caught on camera or otherwise linked to any of the murders is pretty laughable in itself.

I definitely see your broader point though. But if I like a show enough, I can forgive these kind of things. And while Dexter is without a doubt on the decline, I still find myself really looking forward to new episodes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah , I look forward to them too. I'm a sucker.
    They also have a knack for making Miami look like a tropical paradise in every scene completely avoiding the 40% of that town that looks like Beirut..

9. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

That is one thing Im starting to do, I now leave logic at the door and just try to enjoy the show without thinking about it.

Once I start to think about it I just get annoyed and it bothers me. Like how do you push a empty wheelchair in the Miami airport bathroom then come out with a "sleeping" guy sitting in it?? And no one see anything or get suspicious of the guy "sleeping" in the wheelchair?

10. Alex1939

C'mon man. Homeland is ridiculous and has no basis in reality. That doesn't mean it isn't entertaining. And it doesn't mean it bends logic as much as Dexter, but the entire premise is ridiculous to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar