Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Dexter

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,151
    What is BSG?
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,375
    Battlestar Galatica
  2. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,151
    Oh, thanks...
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,063
    The thing with all of the shows you just said were garbage is that you have to watch them all in order and close together... at least that's the way I did it. You definitely can't just watch a random episode of 24 or Breaking Bad. That's for sure. A lot of people judge a show of off a couple of random episodes without having watched from the beginning on.

Probably the same reason I think BSG sucks.
  4. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,151
    Are you all talking about the original Battlestar with Lorene Greene, or the remake?
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,607

LOL - the remake...
    You know, the one where they won't burn down the city when the public finds outs Starbuck F'd Apollo..
    • Tip Jar Donor

CheeseheadTitan Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $482
    Best post of the night...love it.

These cable sci fi shows are all pretty much junk food for the brain IMO. Good to have on as background noise, that is it.

I have never been able to get into Weeds, et.al. unless I am incredibly bored and not tired enough to go to sleep...
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,607
    And there is a point in regard to Dwight and BSG. They poke fun at the "hip" thing being to bag BSG because it sounds like a goofball "Buck Rogers" type show. Of course with Dwight being the one who wouldn't give a fart about public perception, he is the one that laughs at their folly of judging a book solely by its cover.

I personally find it funny that many of my Star Wars/Trek friends won't watch BSG because it is barely an outer space adventure. Far more political, racial, religious overtones than any of those. And of course if you consider the characters human, there isn't a single "space alien" in the entire run of the series..
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,607
    See my previous post... Definitely not the case w BSG, though that is the perception because of its name (and the fact that its on SciFi)
    • Tip Jar Donor

CheeseheadTitan Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $482
    My wife is a big BSG fan, so I have watched it. I agree about the complex story line, but it just does not do anything for me...not sure why.

I am a Trekkie though, and am one of the exceptions to the rule (I really liked the most recent Star Trek prequel movie).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.