Dexter

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by RavensShallBurn, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

What is BSG?
  2. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Battlestar Galatica
  3. Hoffa

Oh, thanks...
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The thing with all of the shows you just said were garbage is that you have to watch them all in order and close together... at least that's the way I did it. You definitely can't just watch a random episode of 24 or Breaking Bad. That's for sure. A lot of people judge a show of off a couple of random episodes without having watched from the beginning on.

Probably the same reason I think BSG sucks.
  5. Hoffa

Are you all talking about the original Battlestar with Lorene Greene, or the remake?
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Start Whitehurst Tip Jar Donor

LOL - the remake...
    You know, the one where they won't burn down the city when the public finds outs Starbuck F'd Apollo..
  7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Starter Tip Jar Donor

Best post of the night...love it.

These cable sci fi shows are all pretty much junk food for the brain IMO. Good to have on as background noise, that is it.

I have never been able to get into Weeds, et.al. unless I am incredibly bored and not tired enough to go to sleep...
  8. CRUDS

And there is a point in regard to Dwight and BSG. They poke fun at the "hip" thing being to bag BSG because it sounds like a goofball "Buck Rogers" type show. Of course with Dwight being the one who wouldn't give a fart about public perception, he is the one that laughs at their folly of judging a book solely by its cover.

I personally find it funny that many of my Star Wars/Trek friends won't watch BSG because it is barely an outer space adventure. Far more political, racial, religious overtones than any of those. And of course if you consider the characters human, there isn't a single "space alien" in the entire run of the series..
  9. CRUDS

See my previous post... Definitely not the case w BSG, though that is the perception because of its name (and the fact that its on SciFi)
  10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Starter Tip Jar Donor

My wife is a big BSG fan, so I have watched it. I agree about the complex story line, but it just does not do anything for me...not sure why.

I am a Trekkie though, and am one of the exceptions to the rule (I really liked the most recent Star Trek prequel movie).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.