Did The Pats Cheat?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by inVINCEable2007, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Zackmann, i didn't say you were for criminals in the nfl just that would be the logical extreme of your position. If you believe that illegal behavior is not the business of the nfl.

Personally i think random drug testing is unconstitutional but is constitutional if there is reason to suspect a person took or stole drugs. We had an incident when i was working in a facility where the fentanyl patch disappeared off an elderly women. It's a patch that is placed on the skin and delivers a constant narcotic pain med intradermally. There is enough medication in the patch to last 3 days and i noticed it missing even though i just placed it 3 hours ago. I told the director of nurses about it and every employee on that hall nursing or not had to do a pee test. I wouldn't object to that..

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

3. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

No...no he doesn't. Next time somebody commits pass interference let's just boo and hiss. Barry Bonds has never been caught cheating and if he tested positive you and Roll would be asking for suspensions. You would not be ok with simple scorn and the taint of his records.

The Patriots not only cheated to gain an advantage, they did so even after being specifically warned by the league. The commish is concerned with the image of the league when it comes to players. So much so that he suspends Pac w/o a conviction. Yet he's not that concerned with the image of the league when it concerns big time coaches and organizations? Yeah, Mr. Commish can come down hard on players but not Belicheat and the Pats. He's a wus. He showed his true colors this week, bowed to the Pats, and came up with the weakest punishment he could get by with.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sho, who said anyone would be happy with "simple scorn"? I didn't say that and neither did kami. They were punished a top draft pick. I do think that it will be more significant than you think..

As for barry bonds he broke the greatest record in sports and hardly anyone cared. Don't say it matters when the first thought or word that people think of when they think of barry bonds is cheater.

5. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

But you did say that the punishmen they got is not as bad as the scorn. That implies that the scorn is really what's gonna get 'em. But no it's not. Because there's no proof of what kind of advantage they got.

Now if you wanna talk scorn. Let's have the investigation findings made public. Let's do a detailed investigation to determine how the did it, when they did it, and how long they did it. Let's publish if they did it to get to or to help win any SBs and to what extent it was used. Let the world know if their SBs are legit or not. Then there's no argument.

As far as the pick. It won't hurt them much at all. First of all it'll be the lowest pick of the two that they have. Unless the 9ers make the playoffs. Goodell came up with the weakest punishment he could get away with.

He's not conerned with the integrity of the league unless it has to do with players or hot button issues, like HGH. Otherwise he bows to the money.

There is no way you can seriously justify this lack of punishment.

Let's go back to the Bonds issue. He's never been caught. But if he ever was, don't tell me you would be ok with a fine and no suspension as you apparently are with this issue.

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

They definitely went too light. All three superbowls should have been taken away, Robert Kraft's bank account should have been drained, and Goodell should have gotten Brady's first child!!!!!!

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

That first child is worth a good bit of cash. I'd take it.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

lame to fine a billionaire 250g

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fightin titan,

what is your problem? The pats were not PROVEN to have cheated in those super bowls. They were not PROVEN to have cheated any other time other than that one game. The punishment is for ONE GAME.

For violating a league rule for ONE GAME they lost a first rd pick and the coach is half a million light in the wallet. That is not a small penalty.

An investigation is ongoing where the nfl has confiscated some tapes and things and may find more violations but wtf reason would they have to forfeit any game that they were not PROVEN to have cheated in?

If someone believes that forfeiture is the proper penalty it can only be for that game. Are these concepts too hard for some to understand?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Crime of the century!

A guy with a video camera stood behind the jets bench and video taped defensive signals. As far as we know they didn't even tape the jets offensive calls.

The pats head coach paid a sharp shooter with a sniper rifle to lay on the stadium roof and shoot at top jets players resulting in several career ending injuries..

So which one of these did the pats get caught doing because reading some posts i might think it is the latter..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar