Did the team quit on Fisher?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I dont know if anyone saw channel 5's sports wrap up last nite, but Mark Howard said that he thought the attitude in the locker room changed dramatically after blowup with Pacman last week, and that the team quit on Fisher to send him a message that they werent going to stand for him coddling #32 anymore. Normally I would think thats a farfetched notion, but normally I dont see teams look as awful as they did yesterday.

Also, Keith had some very pointed comments. The main one being that they needed more effort from everyone in the organization, "not just the guys wearing uniforms."

I cant imagine BSP is a very happy place to be today. I cant ever remember there being this much dissension around the team.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If anyone on that team folded intentionally to prove a point to the coaches they should get the boot and never be allowed back in the state. That would absolutely the dumbest, most childish thing I've ever seen in any professional sport.

3. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

After watching that game you dont think any of those players quit? Then you werent watching the same game I was.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It would be interesting to hear from some players whether or not they felt starting Mauck impacted the attitude of some players. If they felt Fisher was tanking the game by doing this, maybe they felt they could get by with less than a 100% effort.

I'm glad Fisher finally openly accepted responsibility for his team's discipline and effort. The message he sent Pacman was long overdue.

I suspect Bud Adams will want a plan in front of him from Fisher addressing the multitude of problems facing the team. It certainly isn't all personnel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar