Did the Titans do enough to protect Pacman from himself?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I heard this on Mike & Mike this morning and thought it would be a good topic to discuss here.

They asked "Did the Titans organization do enough to help protect their investment in Pacman Jones?"

Certainly, Jones is a man and shouldn't need to have his hand held. But once signs pointed to Jones being unable to keep himself out of trouble, should the Titans have done more than give it lip service and suspend him for one game?

Personally, if he is unwilling to listen to coaches, the GM, probably Mr. Adams himself, his teammates and family, I doubt there is anything which would have gotten through to him.

What, if anything, could the Titans organization have done to help prevent this?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Big Brother House.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Reese pointed out in a recent article (I'll look it up if anyone interested) that there were NUMEROUS meetings with ultimatums and nothing sunk in.

Stupid is as stupid does.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think they should have kept him in a 6'x9' at BSP myself.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I forgot to mention that Pacman's attorney was the one who commented that the Titans didn't do enough.

I wish they'd asked him what they could have done.

6. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

Pacman is a grown man. He shouldn't have to have other ppl live his life for him simply because he can't stay out of trouble by himself. That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. On the other hand I do think that the Titans could have been and little more harsh with the discipline such as longer lenght in suspension towards games, but other than that what Pacman has done to himself is his own fault and there should be no one else to blame.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I'm not convinced that is a true statement.

8. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

Haha Carpy I agree with you I take back my statement about that...

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

definatly a situation where his lawyer is trying to spread the cupability around. Make it appear there are more than just Adam Jones who has some $$$ involved in the situation. I would say it is pretty stupid, but there is no telling what a jury will do especially when there is a guy in a wheelchair sitting there waiting to get paid.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, Titans could have suspended him earlier on, I guess... but apparently he doesn't respond to being suspended so I doubt that would have really changed anything. I don't know - Fisher is a "player's coach". He likes to give guys room to be their own men. Obviously that has a big downside when you have a player who isn't a man, but it has some pretty big upsides when all goes right. What sucks is that Jeff saw a good kid who was on the edge, and thought he could provide the right support to make him a successful player and person. It didn't work, and the Titans get a black eye for it, lose a 1st rd draft pick, and have to now deal with the salary cap implications. And on top of that Jones' lawyer points to them as part of the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar