Did Titans go to far by stomping the Towel?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Sure it does.We get crap from Australia here all the time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Well, I was at ballet class and was watching that horrid towel incident and turned to my friend Tyrone and he was so upset about it I think he made have to go back into therapy.
    ............but seriously when did football turn into such a wuss sport? Those towels are one of the most irritating things at a game and it is just a towel not the team mascot. Why do camera personnel need to film the sidelines anyway? The games is on the field.
    Next time it may very well be Vandenbosch stomping on Rothleisberger.
    Titans win, I am happy ,Merry Christmas, lets move on.

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

In a league in which people can be physically assaulted for wearing an opposing team's jersey to a game, the idea that these towels are sacrosanct is quite amusing.

Steeler fans need to come to expect this, or they should stop waving those silly rags around during their away games.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. severe

severe Guest

Coulda been worse.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

I hate how Bill Cowher thinks the Titans are going to get beat the next time they play Pittsburgh because LenDale stepped on a dumb *** towel. I think the Steelers are overrated

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Beatdown? :biglaugh: Demanded to play Vince for half a game? :biglaugh:

You've been cleaning too many bedpans. You probably should also quit watching Gray's Anatomy.

7. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Bottom line is this wasn't a class act in no way... We just simply desecrated a sacred fairweather fan symbol that happens to be a "towel." Swirl it in a retarded tarzan motion when your winning... Cry in it when your losing.... Hey it got their attention didn't it... No-one seems to think we're real, and we wanted to make a point, I have no problem with it because it worked didn't it!

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Do Steelers fans realize they look like this?

[​IMG]

Seriously folks. Your QB got stomped on and dragged through the mud all day long. And you're crying over your wittle blankie??

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That comes from a guy who was lucky as hell to get a SB ring, yet still thinks he's somebody. Finally the NFL sends him home for good and he gets a media job. He becomes a blowhard know-it-all who's only worth is to raise ratings by saying outlandish BS.

Bottom line - ESPN is Sports Entertainment. There's not a lot of valuable sports info going on those channels, more simple pot stirring. We should all have stopped caring about that **** when we got out of Jr High.

Ok small rant over :lol:

10. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

1st of all i don't think stomping on a stupid little towel is going too far...they're in our house...bring it in our house and you deserve to get the stomp...

2ndly was this a bad move as far as it could give added motivation to the steelers when we play them in the playoffs?...no...the reason being we may not even play them in the playoffs(!!!) and when it comes to the playoffs if you have to have a picture to motivate your team then your weak minded. Shouldn't winning the superbowl be enough motivation! Things like that in the playoffs meaning nothing because you can't be more motivated then the other team...

3rdly we beat a very good Pitt team because we were one of the few teams that could punch them in the mouth...we were more physical then them so who cares that our guys were letting the media know who the top AFC team was...stomping on the towel was symbolic of how we have been treated all year by the media and other fans across the NFL...they disregard us any chance they get...I bet this week we will hear how good the giants are (again) or even the Patriots cause they scored 48...and all we will here is how the Titans are a classless team for stepping on a towel...shame on us. I think that even the Steelers (the players and coaches) know that it wasn't a big deal...they know who was the better team and they won't make excuses because they don't have too the media does it for them..."they were tired"...please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar