Did Vince wrap up the Rookie of the Year today?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KobeChaz, Dec 24, 2006.

?

Did Vince wrap up the R.O.Y. today?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2007.
  1. Yes

84.5%
  2. No

15.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

gotta love this pic​
    [​IMG]

if I remember geometry right, then Vince is a few feet off the ground ....... in full-stride .... sweet

2. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I think Vince, Jones-Drew, or Devin Hester. I mean 6 comebacks is amazing for any qb, let alone a rookie. Jones-Drew I threw in there, but Hester is awesome. I see Vince getting it though.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

gotta love this pic​
    [​IMG]

Notice how high he strides!
    :)) We've got a horse for a QB.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Now we know how he runs so fast. He's flying. lol.

Look guys, the NFL wants him to win to ROY. It is his. Nobody else is going to get it. It's a forgone conclusion. And if that weren't enuff, the media loves him.

5. plato

plato Camp Fodder

How good has Vince been the last 5 games..

79-124-898yds-8ttd-3int-64% passer rating of 91.40!
    38rush for 298yds-7.8ypc..5-0 record.. Not a bad streak for a rookie..

Some said Vince would never pass for 60% in his career? I think he will..
    The kid is just getting started and with a better OL, some of the TE's get healthy and a new playmaker at WR no telling how good he can be...

If he can play like he did the last 5 games this year most of next year...

3000 yards passing 20tds 9ints 91 passer rating
    950 yards rushing 7 tds.. Could happen...

4000 total yards and 27 tds! That wouldn't be bad for a second year QB...

He might do better with some more talent on offense and a better defense getting the offense the ball more often?

I'm impressed, I thought it would take a little longer to be able too put that many good games in a row together considering he is suppose to be a major project that might even doom the franchise..:ha: ..

6. PhiSlammaJamma

VYizzy is the schnizzle.

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

MJD is a fine rb and jack of all trades, but he isn't good enough to be his team's feature back.

Hester would be a lock if he actually played a position.

Vince was a lock two or three weeks ago.

I'd be willing to bet the vote isn't even close at this point.

4 4th q comebacks
    8-4 as a starter
    all time rookie leading rusher
    done nothing but improve every month by leaps and bounds in EVERY category.

Guys.. In the month of December, he is 65% completion 80 something rating, 8 yards a carry, and a perfect 4-0 against some very good competition.

You can't get much better than that.

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

He is having a great season, but still has a lot to learn, and is far from a finished product. He may not be the the qb you look for in terms of accuarcy, arm strength, throwing motion, mechanics, and things like that, but the bottom line is he is a winner, and a competitor. He will do what ever it takes to win, and the rest of the team is following him. I am impressed because he is consistent, and that is tough for a rookie. I just want to see him doing it every game, and I take it one game at a time, but he is coming along a lot faster than everyone expected.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't want to change a thing with him right now. Let's do what Mack Brown said. Leave him be. He's a natural talent. He knows what to do on the field. He's like that qb in the neighborhood, when you were a kid, who nobody could stop. If somebody comes up with a way to stop 'em, then we'll sit 'em down and teach him something, but right now, he's doing the teaching.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wouldn't that be physics?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar