Did Vince wrap up the Rookie of the Year today?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KobeChaz, Dec 24, 2006.

?

Did Vince wrap up the R.O.Y. today?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2007.
  1. Yes

84.5%
  2. No

15.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

GoTitans LAW!!!

2. Tman

Tman Camp Fodder

He should have won the Heisman, but didn't because ESPN had already declared Reggie Bush the greatest ever to play. So I believe that ESPN,, uh the NFL,, will award the ROY to Bush. :rolleyes: HOOKEM TITANS!

P.S. I'd love to be wrong about that. :yes:

3. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I posted this on another thread. It's relevant.

On Sportscenter tonight, Hoge and Salisbury did a piece on rookie of the year. Wingo asks if Young is rookie of the year. Loose quoting of what follows:

Hoge: "No Trey. No way. I can tell you why. I'll tell you why."

Salisbury: "You're telling me he can't be rookie of the year?"

Hoge: "No. I said no, he's not rookie of the year. There can be only one and I'll tell you why:

"You've gotta play at least 15 games. If you've got somebody who's played 15 games like Reggie Bush has -- Vince Young has only played 12 -- Reggie Bush played 3 different positions, impacted on special teams, played wide receiver, running back, has gotten better throughout the year,and has made those game-changing plays, like Vince Young has -- a couple of times -- I would give it to Reggie Bush without a question."

Salisbury: "I'm not going to just give it to him. Reggie Bush is a USC guy, so am I. But you've got to give it to Vince Young.

"Let's say this: you've got a guy who has the ball in has hands 65, 70 times a game and leads his team to an 8-4 record on a team that wouldn't have won three of those without him, you've got your rookie of the year.

"You can take Reggie Bush off this team and you've still got Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Joe Horn," etc. "Reggie Bush doesn't make the same impact as Vince Young."

Hoge: "A couple of those games Vince Young went 8 of 23. Did he make an impact in those games?"

Answer of course is "Yes." Hoge is desperate.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

vince has actually PLAYED in 14 games, not 12. he has started 12. hoge cant even make a crappy argument correctly.

frankly, i dont know if we win more than three games this year without him.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and Bushs ypc is a lowly 3.6 ypc

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:thumb:

I agree with you. 545 rushing yards shouldn't put him in ROY consideration as a RB... yet he did wrap up 729 receiving yards. That’s more receiving yards accumulated than Butterfinger Bennett.

But despite the stats, VY is the reason we're 8-2 in the last 10 games..
    I want to see VY win it. :yes: :yes:

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Vince Young might outrush Reggie bush and outtackle Mario Williams.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he is only 20 yards behind Bush.

10. Duby27

Duby27 Starter

Vince Young has rookie of the year wrapped up. If he does not win then there is something seriously wrong. Rookie of the year is given to the top performer, which is by far VY. Look at what he did 0-5 to 8-7 on the verge of a playoff run. I mean Jones-Drew and Hester are legititmate but both the Jags and Bears could have won without them. The Titans needed VY and should have started him after Week 1. Without VY we would not be talking about the playoffs nor the Titans.

VINCE YOUNG - Rookie of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar