Did we botch the Trade of the #11 pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

this clown will be in jail in less than 2 years

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Or maybe Webster prevented us getting absolutely screwed by saying NO! to ridiculous offers? Funny how posters on this board would take ANYTHING to move down.... "a 5th round pick you say? Sure by all means, hey you want our firstborn too?"

Unless the Browns were offering their 1st and 2nd or 1st, 3rd and 4th (and that's cheap), we would have been idiots to take the trade.

If the Jets offered their 1st and 3rd it is more interesting.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Waste of a pick. We signed oher. I know he sucks but then why sign him to a lot of money if he isn't going to start.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If we didn't go into the draft saying "If A isn't there, then we select B, and if B isn't there, then we select C", then something is clearly wrong.

I think all along that we wanted to trade out the spot.

Regardless of the trade not going through, we still should've know who we were going to draft if player A was gone for us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

It's still way too early, but I hope this isn't the Chance Warmack, as opposed to Larry Warford type deal.

6. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

So after a good night's sleep to get over the fact that we drafted another OL in the first, I see this in PK's column on espn.com:

So maybe we shouldn't have been surprised after all since Webster basically laid out which way we might go if other options weren't available.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm starting to think they chose Lewan over whatever was offered in the trade. They probably had Lewan rated as a top 5 player and felt they were getting too much value to swap picks with Cleveland and maybe pick up a 2nd/3rd round pick. I personally would've preferred the trade. I doubt the Browns made us a joke offer. They were wheeling and dealing all night and I bet they were serious about moving up. Our best hope now is that we turn our #42 pick into like a #45-#50 pick and pick up a third. Then we take Kyle Van Noy since Carr and Jimmy G will be gone by then and take our RB/CB in the 3rd/4th.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I have heard several posters say this, and I think its stupid.

Option A and B are gone!!!! What do we do?!?!?!?

I DONT KNOW!!!

No... thats stupid, and its complete BS.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I really don't think they were upset to end up with Lewan. He was supposed to be a top 5-10 pick. we got him at 11 after the 3 guys we wanted were taken through no fault of our own. We ended up getting a guy who might be fixture on our O-line for a decade. I'll take it as a consolation prize but we better make something happen in the rest of this draft.

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Franchise QB don't grow on trees either. If you back up this pick by saying we were planning for the future, then it makes no sense. We don't have a franchise QB either and this is his last year on his contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar