Did we botch the Trade of the #11 pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

The way everyone was running out of our war room after the pick was put in leads me to believe that not everyone was in agreement here and something happened down the stretch.

Every other war room showed handshakes and clapping.

Web, Whiz and co couldn't wait to get out of there.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Only the Browns managed a trade in the top half (the Vikings swap was just dumb), all the other trades happened in the bottom half where the cost was much less. Again, you don't trade just for the sake of trading. You trade to get value.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

And that press conference was just awkward...

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't think we panicked, because the FO left hints that we might take a LT. I just think that 1-10 did not go how they were expecting. The Browns called our bluff and took a gamble on Manziel falling.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Our front office getting played by the Browns and that son of Satan Haslam is not anything to be okay with.

Straight embarrassing if that is indeed what went down.

It might not have and we might never know.

Doesn't matter now anyway.

On to the 2nd.

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Where can I see us in the war room after the pick?

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

NFL Network showed it briefly after our pick was in.

They cut away pretty fast.

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

It does sound like things fell apart but I don't know who could have predicted this draft. There were so many question marks.

9. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I was surprised by this pick but then again I didnt have a clue which way the team would go other than not drafting a QB. They have said all along they wouldnt take one early so I dont understand why some are talking about a blown pick. You trade down if you have a willing team and can get value if not you trust your board. TL is David Stewart 2.0. I think I can live with that for the next 10 years.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I highly doubt we botched anything. Browns weren't serious.. Trade up to 11 for JFF? They got him at 22. Clearly knew they were fine there. Jets? They contently stood pat and took defense.

We would have made a deal if possible. Instead, we got a franchise LT. Not bad

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar