Different team..same 'ol McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rock8titans, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

By the skin of my teeth I survive this weeks Suicide Pool..wow.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

What i saw vs. the rayduhs was the same thing. Lame ducks, out-of-bounds, etc. It was kinda sad, really. But next to Kyle Boller, he looks like a god.

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

O well I'd would have rather paid the money to have crappy passes and our hero back instead of Collins... Anyone think it would have been worth the money now?

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not 1/4 of the cap, which is what it would have been.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

1/4 of the cap, but we would be a heathier team, with leadership, and a mentor for young. We'd prob still be 0-4, but much healthier, and with the cap room still coming. So I'm hindsighting this as a bad decision.

6. Fry

we wouldnt have had enough money to sign our rookies if we kept him. it was the right move for both parties. you can't have an over the hill shell of his old self qb taking up 1/4 of the cap on a rebuilding team.

the jags traded brunell after leftwich's rookie year. i think leftwich started like 13 games that year. they won 9 games his second year and went to the playoffs in his third.

i think we're trying to do the same thing, with less starts for vince obviously.

7. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Exactly, which is more important... Losing game's or losing Young's confidence in the team?

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Well, I didn't watch the game. Did the number lie to me?

276 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int

Doesn't sound too bad to me. (Especially compared to what we had today.)

9. Fry

it was three quarters of crap with one good drive in the fourth.

10. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

You don't think Steve is going to stop mentoring Young, do you? Come on... Steve has been mentoring the kid since high school. Sure, don't expect him to pass out any tidbits during the week we play, but I am sure they still talk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar