Dilfer on Mett

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think people look at his issues in college and look at his haircuts and beard and personality and make the assumption that he doesn't take things seriously.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Dilfer has a ring, so I take his commentary as gospel.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

please tell me you are kidding he was a joke of a QB!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would rather have rookie Mett than any version of Dilfer at any point in his career.

But I actually like him as an analyst. He's one of the few ESPN guys I like.

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

He is ok although I would say from ESPN I prefer Carter and Ditka and as for the others I really don't pay much attention. The most biased analyst though in all of the networks I have watched is Aikman, I can't stand him and Joe buck. Aikman is pro Cowboys all day which ticks me off.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't know how Trent Dilfer has turned himself into the QB whisperer via ESPN, but good for him. He's fooled an entire network and half the nation into thinking that a guy who threw 16 more INTs than TDs in his career actually knows what it takes to play quarterback in the NFL.

As far as analysts go, I don't think it gets better than Gruden and Tirico. After that I'd say Hubie Brown is pretty damn good with the NBA.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

It is pointless to predict what Mett is going to do now, he has about a month 1/2 left of football left. I think most people agree no one stands out in this class, so he will have to bomb the rest of the season for him to not be the starter next year. I think we go into next season with Mett simply because we have no better options.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

What does Dilfer's career numbers have to do with anything? There are plenty of great coaches who were terrible players. And vice versa.

That being said Dilfer just likes to hear himself talk sometimes. Not many rookie QB's make quick reads in their first season let alone first 3 games.

The good news is that is something he can learn. The game will slow down for him the more he plays. At least it's not accracy issues or arm strength or anything else we have had to deal with since NcNair left.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Starter

Very few QBs are being prepared for the NFL at the college level. Mett is one of the few who was. You can tell by the contrast of his three games compared to the 8+ games the other rookies have had.

It really didn't make sense for Mett to fall to the 6th round. He's a very good QB prospect. He demonstrated in college that he could learn & run a pro system. Now, he's showing he can adjust to the speed of the game.

Brady & Manning aren't long for this league. Mettenberger could be the next "Rivers" and be among the better QBs in the league for a long time.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

For the first time in a long time I am not at all concerned about our QB situation. As much as I liked Locker, I was always concerned about him being injured. Mett emits confidence, presence, attitude, and poise. Polishing at the position will come with time and coaching. He appears to have an indefinable quality.

I am optimistic about him. Improve our OL to the level at which it should be, based on what we are paying for it, and he will thrive.

I don't give a damn what any of the talking heads have to say about our team. I can tell how little that they really know about us every time I hear them call our games and the comments they make on our players.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar