Dinger needs to go.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by costarica2, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not only is this thread utterly disgusting, it is also incorrect.

How do you blame the OC for the OL not blocking, the backup QB throwing ducks, and the WRs/TEs not catching the few passes that were not ducks?

If Fisher goes, Dinger will likely go with him, but good grief guys, lets be realistic about what the issues are. When the offense does not execute that is hard to blame on playcalling.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

It is not disgusting. I can't believe someone would actually think that. It's people being honest and not sugar coating things. The offense executes horribly but wouldn't you agree that Dinger does a terrible job at taking advantage of our great talents? CJ up the middle on 95% of runs is the most absurd thing I've ever seen & for some reason it hasn't changed. Dinger's playcalling? :banned:

3. CheeseheadTitan

I also saw plenty of sweeps get stuffed in the backfield because the defense was in the backfield with CJ when he got the ball....all season long. That is poor offensive line play....period.

Last year CJ scored several long TDs on plays that originated "up the middle". The holes were there last year, they are not this year. How is that on Dinger, and why didn't you complain about the runs up the middle last year?

Also...it is disgusting IMO, believe it.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

If play calling was the ONLY Offensive Coordinator responsibility.. then they wouldn't have to do much more than a small child who is at home playing madden!

How do you suppose that ensuring your players executing on the field ISN'T the OC's job!?

I wanna remind you that Bill Bellichick has guys who are 5'9 like wes welker and under 6 foot tall like danny woodhead who look like probowlers.. Not only because of ability.. Because of coaching, leadership, and the ability to execute properly. We have little to none of that here.

Just because you are sick doesn't mean you aren't accountable for your performance. Hell, he should probably be in the hospital. He doesn't need to be coaching. He needs to focus on getting better!

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That's what you all said about Chow!!! I guess if you really take a deep breath and find the common thread, it is what it is..........Fisherball. Don't act like you're surprised, you knew what Fisher wanted to do, Run Run Run hold the ball, play defense and try to eek out a 17-14 game. Problem is, you can't run a 190lb running back who wants to bounce outside and not take hits off right tackle.

If Fisher stays, he better do something to get Marion Barber, the perfect Fisherball RB.

6. CheeseheadTitan

To quote the opening post of this thread:

"But he needs to go his a HUGE distraction and his play calling sucks.
    Just like Vince his a distraction and he needs to get the f out here."

Premise of this thread was poor playcalling, which is what I am responding to. However, a coach can prepare his players, but cannot actually be on the field to play for them. I just think that this is on the players at this point, not the OC. You have a different opinion, and thats fine.

7. Japan_TitansFan

Japan_TitansFan Camp Fodder

Wow, I can't believe someone actually said it! Great Thread! For all of you Titans fans that "really believes" we have anything resembling a dynamic offensive playbook ask yourself this question. We have the longest tenured coach in the NFL and what do we have to show for it? 1 Superbowl appearance! That's it and oh by the way it was when the NFL was still smash mouth football and not air it out. The game has changed and we are still using the same playbook from that Superbowl in 2000! The NFL has adjusted the rules to favor the pass and we HAVE to adjust with it in order to be successful. Jeff and Dinger need to go and its about time someone has the bs to say it!

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Says the guy who was at his breaking point in week 4 of the season.

Yes, you said that. What changed? Does Dinger not fall under the umbrella of coaching and management? Hell, during your break point speech, were a .500 team. I'd love to be .500 now.

Dinger gets sick and all of sudden he's no longer accountable for performance the offense? (or lack thereof) Dude needs to be in hospital, not on the sidelines. As long as he's on the sidelines, he's still accountable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

his a HUGE fail thread.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

seems like those costa rican mudslides missed this jack hole

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar