Dinger's Breakdown of the WR Core

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Based on this, it looks like Gage and McCareins have his eye. Of course, he still hasn't since Roydell Williams, so that could change quickly.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

dude, so basically dinger said we have really young recievers who have potential....thats something i didnt' know yet...

sarcasm

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Damn, once again it sounds like P. Williams isnt catching on. If he doesnt show so enough during the preseason, I hope that he doesnt make the roster because of his draft status over someone who maybe more talented (J. Rivers)

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think the underlying comment is this - Inconsistency.

And that scares the hell out of me.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

quantity over quality strikes again.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

well said, I totally agree

8. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I think we have enough quality within the quantity. In the Titans system with a qb like VY none of our receivers are gonna be superstars. We have what we need to get the job done.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's the saying every year, and about 5 weeks into the season we see it's not true.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

What I got from it is that the WR's need to work on the basics. Blocking, route running, everything. Ealy seems to be playing well. My biggest question is actually Brandon Jones. If BJ can stay healthy for a year he could be the best on the team. When healthy he's a very good WR. My biggest disappointment is Paul Williams. I really liked this guy coming out of college. Remember he hasn't had enough reps on the field so this preseason will tell alot. Gage and McCairens look good and I'm sure Roydell will be fine.
    Right now I have.

1)Roydell Williams
    2)Justin Gage
    3)Justin McCairens
    4)Brandon Jones
    5)Biren Ealy
    6)Paul Williams

The rest I don't know enough yet. I'm not big on Chris Davis and Hawkins will contend with Williams. The Titans might carry 7 so Hawkins would be next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar