Direction of the Franchise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This is all possible. If we cut CJ (due to the monster contract), we could take a RB early (obviously not 10th overall). TE, another possibility if Cook leaves us. LB: Manti Te'o. DE: Bjoern Werner.

So, Don't sleep on that... hahaha
    :bliss::bliss:

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Couldn't agree more with this TJ.

Munch will likely stay, but we got to get better coordinators. Especially an OC.

We need to pickup a true #2 RB, take the load off CJ a little. Allow him to be 100% everytime he's in. Something like 20 carries for CJ and 5-7 for the backup. Chris Ivory would be nice.

I'm up and down on tagging Cook. Britt-Wright-Washington-Cook have a lot of potential.. but I feel like I say our WR core has potential every year and they never show up as planned.

OTs are ok for atleast 2 years, wouldn't mind a 4th round OT to grow under them for those 2 years. Otto can also potentially be a starter/replacement. However, he's already 29... so I opt for the 4th rounder. Interior OL is a must. Hutchinson has been pedestrian. Velasco has impressed me. I would love for us to sign Buffalo Bill Andy Levitre, he's 26 and an up and coming offensive linemen. Would love to see a 2nd-3rd round center drafted along with them.

Griffin is probably locked in, he's had 2 good games and been a turd for the rest. SS is the #1 priority for this team, and theres a ton of SS in the draft. Must get an early round SS. As for CB, i'd like to see us sign Jammer. Theres also a ton of FA CBs. This allows Verner back to the slot, bring a vet in, and allows Coty to learn behind them and get some exp. Coty has the tools to be a solid CB.

As far as the DL, Gray has been sending the blitz and it has worked. I love Ayers/Brown right now. Martin I think is a stud, and Klug needs more time. I also love how Morgan has been playing recently. Wimbley has been average. Would love a DE/DT in the draft as well, if we miss any FAs... and the only one i'm interested in is Michael Johjnson from Cincy.

Bottomline:
    FAs -- Andy Levitre, Chris Ivory, & a CB = #1 targets. CB targets: Brent Grimes, Sam Shields, Derek Cox, Rashean Mathis, Aqib Talib, DRC, Antoine Cason, Quentin Jamer, or Sean Smith

Draft -- 1st: DL 2nd: SS 3rd: OC 4th: OT/DL/ILB

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

My interest in this thread was decent until I read that^^

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's true, we are only a few players from being a playoff team. Improve the D-line and we are in the playoffs next year.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

cool story bro

You do realize we missed out on the playoffs last year because of a tie breaker and this year has been disappointing but that's because we're developing Locker. You give Locker and CJ an OL to work with and a healthy receiving core and our offense will improve. Defense is improving but that goes with our young players progressing and if we can get a new SS that actually knows what they're doing and some quality depth we make the playoffs.

I haven't even gone into the coaching staff.

The AFC has been weak the past couple of years and I don't see it all of a sudden improving over one off season. If we add the right coaches, add some vets in FA, draft well, and continue to develop our young players we can steal a spot next year and then contend for the division the year after.

We beat a team needing to win to stay in playoff contention in primetime with no OL except Roos, no Cook, no McCarthy, and a transition to a new OC. We won. That's something to build on for the rest of the season. If we finish 6-10 I'll take a -3 win differential with a developing QB over going 4-14 like a lot of rebuilding teams do.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

We missed the playoffs last year because we sucked. We had a division gift wrapped for us, Texans 3rd string QB, No Peyton, Jags sucked. And we lost to all of them! The 4-12 Jaguars and 0-13 Indianapolis Colts beat us, that's why we didn't make the playoffs. We were a bad team, organization as a whole

We're not even close to making the playoffs, this team is worse than their record if you can believe that.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This team is going nowhere unless we see dramatic improvement in Locker. It starts with him and ends with him. I'm praying that Tom Moore is the guy to do something because Munchak has had going on 2 years to get him up to speed. Locker's decision making is slow, his mechanics predominantly unsound, and his accuracy inconsistent. That is pretty much the same assessment as when Munch took him on.

I agree with the other needs to address outlined by TJ and others, but I am most definitely confident no changes will matter if Locker can't perform better. This year's draft is OL deep so we have some opportunities to make up ground, albeit it puts a year late, from our draft gaffes we had this past year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. pettso

pettso Starter

The team is held back by a combination of coaching and Locker, not overall talent.

Sure, we're a couple of players from being a "playoff" talent level team but I don't think this coaching staff can win enough games to consistently make it to the playoffs. We may sneak in at 8-8 or 9-7 one of these years, but I don't see us beating the Texans or the Colts for the division with Munchak at the helm.

I honestly think Bud cans Munchak after this season. He sees whats going on around the league as an example of what's possible with a solid coaching staff. You look at what San Fran have done under Harbaugh, the Seahawks under Pete Carroll, Colts under Pagano/Arians and you compare that to what Munchak has done with this roster - which I think was arguably more talented than the others (save maybe San Fran, who were fairly talented just under a terrible coach) when he took over at the start of last year.

If Bud is serious about winning, he'll dish out 5M+ for a top-tier coach. If he's not ready to do that, I feel the Titans will remain mediocre for a long time.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I more or less agree with what you are saying but it is amazing you are going to dog our draft when K.Wright is the leading rookie WR in catches and Zach Brown is looking like a better pick every game.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I wanted DeCastro- bad. I believe the critics that felt he was a once in a decade OL. It appears I was wrong on the Brown pick but I'm still not sold he was better for us than some of the other picks still available. Honestly, I didn't like the Locker pick either. I wanted Watt. (and that's not just hindsight speaking). But Webster and Munchak hitched their wagon to Locker. I haven't seen anything that suggests to me that Locker is anything better than a solid back-up. I just haven't seen that he has "it".

I'll be really disappointed if Reinfeldt and/or Webster are still in place after this season. They are the number one priority in firing IMO. I'd tolerate Munchak staying if we could get rid of those bozos even though I think we'd be best off with a total purge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar