Directv HD

Discussion in 'Gear' started by VolnTitan, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Do you have to have a box for every TV in your house you use DirectTV with?

2. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

I will not have both. I already have enough trouble with one.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If I can figure out a way to get a reliable internet service, I'll drop Comcast entirely as well.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I was going to drop Comcast Internet, but when I said I was, they said if I cut down my cable to just the limited Basic, which is like $13, that they would give me 6 months of Cable Internet for $19.95 per month. After 6 months I called to cancel and they extended it for another 6 months. Once they stop extending, I will switch over to DSL most likely.

5. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

I have Direct TV with HD. I checked yesterday and do not have any of those new channels in HD. Do I need to call Direct TV and set it up and pay more or just reset my reciever? I'm confused.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

What DirectHD reciever do you have and do you have the B-Band Converter?

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

You also need to make sure you have the AT9 slimline dish [5LNB] to pick up the new MPEG4 channels. They are coming off the new D10 satellite they put up this summer. You could have the 3LNB dish and still be getting the MPEG2 HD channels being sent down, but just not the new ones.

8. Also, if you don't have the receiver set to display all the channels you receive, then the new ones might not be set to be displayed. I had to go through that on my DVR.

9. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Ok, fire is out. I just had to reset my reciever. I AM LOVING THESE NEW CHANNELS!!!!

Must have bigger TV.

10. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Call them You may get a deal with NFL Sunday Ticket. I did that last year, I bought Sunday ticket for 69 a mo for 6 mo. Got a Hi-def receiver and a DVR receiver free, you can get up to 4 and all programming. After that you gotta pick your package or keep what you got.

This year they offered me a deal on Sunday Ticket since I had it last year ,I didn't take it. They called yesterday and offered me Sunday Ticket with Super Fan for 144.00, said they'd split it into 5 payments. If any of y'all had it last year and don't this year, call them see if they'll give it to ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar