Directv or Dish Network?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dbc5631, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Help me decide!!

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Dish Network's DVR is AMAZING.

Unfortunately it's been a long time since I was around DirectTV gear. All i can compare to is comcast. Comcast DVR blows, the newest model is a big improvement but still...

One example when I had Dish Network... I would watch a random game and start it an hour late. I could use the skip button... and if you hit it right when the player's knee went down, it would perfectly skip to the next snap. It was NFL rapid fire. Similar to the way they show replays on NFL Network, that kind of speed watching a game.

Comcast sucks. I just didn't want to pay for a land line. Sorry this isn't the comparison you want but I had to give props to Dish's DVR. The skip button is also faster for skipping commercials than fast forward button. One downside was long phone wait times for customer service and the obvious downside of bad weather interrupting any Dish signal.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Loved DirecTV when I had it. Never had Dish before.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Depends if you want Sunday Ticket (which costs like $300) or not.

If not, go with Dish Network.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I had Directv and now have Dish.

Much happier with Dish, and it's also cheaper. Seems to go out far less than Directv did. Any time a raindrop fell in North America the Directv service would go pixelated and make high pitched noises.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's what I remember from a friend that had DirectTV. But that was years ago and in a different state altogether. It seemed like even clouds would interrupt service.

7. merlin

merlin Camp Fodder

hasn't dish dropped all of the Fox sports channels?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I haven't had Dish Network so I can't comment on them, but DIRECTV will nickle and dime the living bejesus out of your wallet. The Sunday Ticket is the reason I went with them, but then noticed I rarely watched other games than the Titans. The Sunday Ticket is roughly $300 if you pay for it before the season, then another $100 or so for the HD feeds. I don't know if different dishes make a difference, but I had DIRECTV's biggest dish and had 2 issues where the signal was severely distorted. The DVR storage is great, but unless you have all expensive receivers, you cant watch shows in different rooms like on the commercial.

9. I have had DirecTV for 9 years and been very happy with it. Dish would be cheaper, but I can't speak to the quality difference.

As for signal loss, it's very rare for me. Only a very heavy rainstorm causes that. Once every few months. I hear from people who lose their Comcast signal more than that.

10. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

they were the last holdouts ... you're correct ... they finally signed the contract I believe on the 29th of October

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar