Directv or Dish Network?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dbc5631, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Sunday Ticket is $300 and includes HD.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Factoring in the fact that you have to deal with DirecTV to get Sinday Ticket I'll take NFL Redzone every time.

DirecTV is SATAN!

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

How exactly does NFL RedZone work and how much does it cost?

I remember hearing about it once. I wasn't in love with the channel, but I was thinking it'd be worth it for the price.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Redzone is part of the NFL Network lineup ($5 I think).
    Anytime a team gets into the redzone they switch to that game. If something happens outside of the redzone they show an immediate replay - so you catch all the scoring as it happens or within a few seconds. They split/screen if more than one team is is scoring position.
    All this and... drumroll please... NO FREAKIN COMMERCIALS!

I had Sunday Ticket from the day it first aired until the day Redzone became available and I do not miss it at all... DirecTV is the absolute WORST company I have dealt with in my life when it comes to customer support.
    I will never go back.

5. RavensShallBurn

I don't have NFL Network. I'm assuming that's $5 per month? $5 per season would be too good.

Any idea how much (per month) it costs to get NFL Network for Comcast? I have searched, but can't find anything.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

1-800-comcast

7. RavensShallBurn

I'll check.

If I have to pay more than $20 per month, I won't get it.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I THINK dish also has nfl redzone, or at least some variation of it. May even be free- not sure.

9. RavensShallBurn

I need to get Dish. I hate Comcast because of the new tiny black boxes and lame remotes. I have to unplug the cable to get my HD local channels too.

According to Dish Network's commercials they do not charge any extra for HD channels? That sounds pretty much unbeatable.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I've never really had any issues with Directv. Comcast was horrible to deal with. Trying to understand how they bill, even the service rep I talked to one time eventually said she honestly couldn't explain it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar