Discussions for Turner Ongoing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans continue discussions with the Chargers and RB Michael Turner. "Nothing is imminent at this point and time, but nothing is dead either," Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said. "The fact that we both agreed to stay in touch leans toward optimism." The Titans won't give up a first- and third-round draft pick but will need to have a contract negotiated with Turner along with the compensation arranged with the Chargers. The end of the restricted free agent period is April 20 though the trade could occur afterwards.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

we need him bottom point...Don Banks from si.com wrote this in his mock draft:

"19 WR Dwayne Jarrett USC Jr. 6-5 210
    I'm sticking with Jarrett for the Titans because of the Norn Chow connection, and Tennessee's crying need for receiving options. Also, I expect the Titans to be the team that makes a move for San Diego running back Michael Turner at some point this month."

i wouldnt mind if both those things happened...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you totally ruined this thread.

you need the :yes:

but no you had to go on with text...:))

just joking.

I am not sure how I feel about Turner, while he has good stats and all I am just not comfortable giving up a fair bit for someone who hasn't started.

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

...cough...cough...hack...cough...

More reinfeldt smoke in the air...

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

with yet another need opening up at corner, we really cant afford to part with any of our day one picks.

6. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

i know what you are saying, but why would he blow smoke? Would he want to get Titans fans all excited just to sit on his hands? Maybe i'm wrong.

But you are right he does tend to talk a lot and only get minor things done.

7. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Wasn't this week the week that Dillon was supposed to come in for a visit? No word of Dillon means that Turner is still on the radar.

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I am down for a sign and trade but no more than a 3rd round pick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar