Displaced Titan Fans?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

IM from NJ, was in the army for 9 years. Back in 2001 I went to Nashville for like a weekend trip, and didnt have a favorite NFL team, and didn't realize the magnitude of the oilers moving to Nashville, like I knew it was going on from espn, etc. knew of McNair and George, but didn't really pay any attention to it.

It was shocking to me when I got to Nashville, they had a preseason game, and the city was like dressed in blue, I saw Titans stuff everywhere, the city was going nuts for the team.

I took the trip on my way to a school in Missouri for a few months before going on to hawaii. While in Missouri I got a playstation, started playing madden, and picked the Titans and played with them.

The day I got to hawaii, im staying in the hotel, it was Monday night football on, Titans-Steelers--they got crushed.

I got a dog like 2 weeks after that named him Titan, and I was in from there, they were my team. I kind of started following the NFL by way of the Titans catching my interest and it grew from there.

I ended up moving back to Jersey when I got out of the Army, I get asked all the time how the heck I became a Titans fan.

I guess its weird for some people, but Im used to living amongst displaced people in the army, so I never really had to explain myself until i was back in jersey, and like 8 years later they were so engrained in my life, it was weird constantly being asked.

Titan died 2 years ago very old at 13, I now have a new dog I just got a few months ago Nashville. The legend continues.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar