District 9

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Yossarian, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I swore through the entire movie that Van De Merwe was the guy that played Lionel from Dead Alive.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

one of the better sci-fi movies i've seen.

it really comes down to how much you can empathize with a giant bug.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

This was one of the ten worst movies I have ever seen. I can't understand why so many liked this movie. The plot was terrible, dialogue was amateurish, characters were underdeveloped and reacted to situations in unbelievable ways. Too many questions left unanswered. The CGI was very good, but that's about it.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^^ I couldn't disagre more. I saw this film last night

I found the characters and their development, including the aliens, spectacular. The main character was PERFECTLY cast as was the nemesis meathead military assasin character.

The plot held my interest and was not at all predictable to me. The human condition and social commentary was pointed and direct but fresh. We don't get alot of class structure representation and strife in "alien" films. I perceived several levels of religious symbolism, particularly old testament, on just my first viewing.

My only knock was the first 15 minutes of the film was in documentary style which I think would have been better left at about 5 minutes to create the setting. The latter part seemed a bit cheesy.

Very unique film in my book. I was impressed (like another poster) with the special effects they were able to produce on that scale of budget.

Can't wait for District 10 :)

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Great flick.

6. Just watched it. I thought it was pretty good. Not the best movie I've ever watched, but it was not only good but unique and imaginative. It's nice to see a movie that isn't a cookie cutter or a remake nowadays.

On the other hand, my brother detested it. He had the same reaction to Children of Men (which I liked). Of course, my brother likes cookie cutters and remakes. Subtext isn't his thing...

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Alright- I just watched about half of this movie. Didn't want to spend money on it so I'm watching through mega-upload and I'll usually pay there to watch the remainder of the movie if I'm in to it.

I turned it on for me and my wife to watch. I told her it was supposed to be good, and as you know- you never want to be the guy responsible for making someone else watch a bad movie, so I was hoping for the best.

She immediately starts cracking up at the opening scenes. She truly believed this movie was going to be a comedy. (had never heard of it) I couldn't help but to giggle too because the aliens were ridiculously cheesey acting and looking. Looked like guys in costumes joking around.

I got interested in it about halfway through, but again- not enough to keep going. I may watch the rest of it tonight, but the first half was just kind of bland. Seems like another product of unique filming style rather than an actual intriguing story.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If you didn't watch it all the way through you can't really comment on it. Pure and simple, you have to watch it all at once.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I plan on watching the rest sometime, but the first hour sure didn't make me want to know what happens next- that's for sure.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This is actually a movie where the plot doesn't really get going very much for the first hour. It required a lot of exposition, but it starts moving a lot faster as it gets into the second half.

It is, however, certainly not a comedy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar