Disturbing CJ Stat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

No there isn't. No. Sorry.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is Chris Johnson

cj the goat.jpg

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

JC, would you go as far as to say that our Rb is a bigger problem than our O-Line?

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That would be silly. If our line played well then CJ would be more then serviceable. He's still not top 10 anymore, but at least he wouldn't get hit behind the line so often.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I agree, yet anytime you say CJ is anything other than horrible, you're a "nutswinger' or a "CJ apologist" They just flat out ignore it when you clearly state that he's not as explosive as he used to be. It's like there's no way you can think he's just good, or serviceable. You either have to think he's a complete joke, or the greatest RB in NFL history. He's neither. Our fans are strange.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

It's much easier replacing 1 little RB right now than it would be to replace 2-3 linemen.

Goat Boy is a drive killer. His -6yard runs and -1yard losses totally throw things off course. Just get someone in who doesn't fold on contact, or fall over when a LB says "BOO".

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

It's bigger than replacing 2-3 linemen. The blocking scheme is complete garbage. It's going to take firing the O-coordinator and O-Line coach as well.

8. JCBRAVE

Why does the same scheme work for several other teams?

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Replacing one little running back really won't help much. A lot like drafting a WR in the first round didn't help much. The CORE of this team needs to be fixed. And by core, I mean the players that start each play closest to the ball. The linemen. Both sides.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm going to take a little different take on this. I don't hate CJ as a person it just hurts knowing that a player of his age has already lost so much ability.

I know highlight videos can be very misleading but watch this vid from 2010 and tell me this is the same back we have been watching this year. 2010 not 2009 when he was as good as any back ever could be.

He just is not the same player any longer. He probably knows this and is in denial but the old Chris Johnson defied the basic rules of pursuit angles. He sometimes ran right past guys like they were standing still. With no move needed.

He did not need great blocking then!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar