Do the Titans have a win against a quality opponent ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Didn't we beat the Pats in August? :moon2:

2. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

All I know whether we go 9-7 or 14-2 and make the playoffs to things are set in stone. One we go in as a wildcard playing on the road against the Chiefs, or the Chargers from the looks of it. And two, if some how we manage to advance to the second round we will go up against the Evil Empire Pats who will crush us like a empty beer can I am afraid to say.

I know this is a longtime down the road and things change which is exactly why we should hold our hosue before we start patting this team on the back to much. We have been very fortunate to go 6-2 and we could very easily be 8-0 but like in College football we are more like a University of Hawaaii than a LSU .

3. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

aCTUALLY i was at that game and PATS were totally controlling the game in the first two quarters when our starters stayed in to play against there starters. When the Pats brought in ther esecond string and thrird stringers we still had our first stringers and that was when we scored some points. It really is not indicative of any confronation we would have with them now.

4. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

my thoughts exactly... whether pretty or ugly

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Everyone knows that the NFC South is the toughest division in the league! :irked:

:suspect:

:rotfl: Damn...i still can't do it....

6. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Who have the Pats beat? Cowboys and Colts! Overated.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, it's true that we haven't beaten any superstars. But we played a tight game with the colts, and a tight game with bucs. No one has blown us away yet. We'll see about the rest of the schedule. And our wins? Well, they may not be against great teams, but two of them were against teams who are 4-4 now, and may be better than they look right now.

Too many conclusions can't be drawn just yet, since we're only halfway through.

The good news? 4 of our final 8 games are against teams with losing records... The only two teams that we play in the final 8 with winning records are the Jags and Colts... We get the Jags this week without Garrard, and have the chance to pull away for the wild card at least.

If we can continue to stay even with mediocre opponents, then we make the playoffs. But don't hope for that, hope for improvement, a 7-1 stretch, and a week 17 victory over the colts, in their house, to take back the division title...

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

All I know is we have played about the same schedule (in toughness) as most other teams in the NFL so far and we are 6-2.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, the schedule looked tough before the season started and we've come out 6-2. Good teams win games they are supposed to win. Look at it this way - can you find an AFC team in the middle of the pack that is obviously better? Steelers, Jags, Browns, Ravens, Chiefs, Chargers, Bills round out the top 10 behind us in the conference in that order. We belong there - Chargers seem to jump out maybe but at 4-4 they aren't what they were last year. Top 5 NFC are Packers, Cowboys, Lions, Giants and Redskins in that order. Cowboys are the most complete team on that list - I see us going toe-to-toe with the rest of them.

10. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

We are playing well enough to win. But, all I am saying is unfortunately I don't see us catching the Colts and beating the Pats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar