Do the Titans have any interest in Taylor?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

What really kills me is the woman he is dancing with is dressed up like a Dolphins cheerleader.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

thank you for your new perspective. we all appreciate the picture haha

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Why is Taylor on his way down??? I know he's old, but he has yet to show signs of slowing down. As I said in the other thread, these are the same things people were saying about Strahan before he helped his team to the Superbowl last season.

Dancing is good cardio, by the way. If he were playing for us, I wouldn't care if he's gay, just as long as he butt-rapes the opposing team's QB every week. :grrhee:

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

well, I guess we can always say - at least he isn't getting naked in bars with other dudes. I'd prefer ballroom dancing.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

yeah, that's true

6. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

11 years in and starting to focus on things other than football, he's bound to be on the way down. He's not likely to be on the way up, is he? (Though I guess I should lump the definition of 'on the way down' on guys who have actually seen a slump in their production like Simeon Rice, or our own Jevon Kearse)

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

the girls make me want to take up dancing

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

A guy like Taylor is worth a 2nd rndr in terms of in-season value....but he's not worth that if he's only gonna play another year or 2.

For a 3rd rnd pick it's a no brainer pickup. If he plays 2 years and has 20+ sacks over that time, he'd be far more valueable than say...a nice blocking TE who can catch but can't stretch the D (for comparison sake).

Bringing in an excellent pass rusher is AWLAYS a good thing. Kearse wouldn't like it, but Kearse is 90 yrs old and been banged up a lot. So keeping him very fresh would be good. Keeping KVB fresh would be good. I'm not sold that Jones or Hayes can rush the passer in this league yet...so having 2 dominant pass rushers and a former dominant pass rusher would only help the secondary. In fact, this was WHY the Giants got so many sacks...aggressive D and a lot of good pass rushers.

The only sticking point could be cap space. The Titans love to overspend on avg talent (see Gage) and then say they don't have cap room. Well STOP overpaying for avg talent. It's not like Gage set the world on fire last year.

If they have the cap room to keep Taylor for 2 years...DO IT! Singing AH and Stewart to long term deals will actually free up more cap space than keeping them at there tenders (since bonus money is spread throughout the length of the contract whereas a tender is all cap money this year).

I would also build in an escalator clause...something like...they get next yr's 3rd rnd and one of our 85 wr's. If Taylor doesn't play past 1 year, we get there 4th pick back the following year.

I would lobby Taylor to take a minor paycut with incentives built in so if he has an amzing year...he'll get paid for it.

And BTW, Taylor doesn't just get sacks, he had 5 pb's, 1 INT and 4 FF's (and recovered 3). On top of a decent amount of tackles and 11 sacks...that's getting it done!

Gut

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't really see the point in getting Taylor. We signed Kearse and another DE in the 2nd round and that Hayes guy.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I have to admit I don't watch the Dolphins much, but as far as I know Taylor is still an every down DE, I don't think the same can be said for our current DE's save for KVB... as Gut points out, the question is really more of compensation versus how many years he plans to keep playing.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar