Do the Titans trade up (from #33) to nab Nkemdiche?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Apr 14, 2016.

?
  1. Yes. The impact potential is too high not to

23.5%
  2. No. We should stay put and take the BPA at #33

76.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He also does not try very hard and blames his teammates for all his problems.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would rather draft Jaylon Smith, we have the draft ammo to take a high risk/high reward type player and Smith is a top 5 talent in the draft. Definite no on Nkemdiche. At least at this point DGB was getting his life together, I don't think I've read a single thing about Nkemdiche trying to improve.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The people advocating for Nkemiche are pretending that motivation is not a factor.

4. BamaTitan89

BamaTitan89 Camp Fodder

Not on board at all. If the Titans do trade up, I'm down for West Virginia DB Karl Joseph.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Why? So we could have pick 30 next year?

6. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

You aren't looking at it from this angle... it also means we have 3 1st round talents to resign in 4-5 years. 2 is doable, 3 means we lose at least 1 and likely piss off another for trying to keep the guy we lose. In fact it won't surprise me to see them trade one of this year's seconds and move down in this draft and get another for next season. Contracts all coming due at the same time has already destroyed one Titans team... Thank you Floyd Reese... isn't that the guy you referred to?

7. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

I like Smith, but I'm not sure he's ever going to see the field. And while you're correct, we do have the ammo, we just don't have the team on the field capable of wasting a year on a player who may never recover enough to see the field. Many doctors are saying he has nerve damage, he says he doesn't. ... hard to argue who's lying or who doesn't know what they are talking about on this one. 2 very different statements being made about his knee. We have to go with what our team physician says. If he says go for it, by all means but if he has questions we gotta pass.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I did not say that we would draft 3 1st rnders next yr...I said I'd love to have 3 1st rnders as even more draft ammo. I'm looking to move up next yr and grab 2 studs. After addressing the defense and OL this yr how would it be to move up and grab the best WR and RB in next yrs draft.

Fill the roster in depth wise this yr and then try to load up on top end talent next yr.

I just see our #33 as being a valuable pick to some team and if you can get good value for the pick and you already have 2 other 2nd rnders then I think you have to consider it.

The salary cap is much easier to manage now with the rookie salary cap changes that have taken place. But I was pissed at Reese for the way he handled things with the cap, but I give him credit for building a SB contending team. We've hardly sniffed playoff contention since he left.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bullard was a much better player at Florida than Easley. More consistency and more sacks and tfl.

It's not just Bullard there are other guys. I mentioned Butler for size, what about Clark from UCLA? Clark is 6'3 315 with 5.06 speed and was a good pass rusher at UCLA.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

From what I read this morning when I made this post, a few team doctors are very optimistic about Smith when 2017 rolls around. Obviously, we personally haven't read his medical records but if Robinson believes he'll be back to his same level next year then I'm not going to be mad about it. He's a top 5 talent in the draft and considering we're not competing this season anyway, I'm okay with risking a 2nd round pick considering we have 2 others and an additional 1st and 3rd next year. He's a potential franchise cornerstone, I'll take that risk in the 2nd round. I don't think there will be a clear and definitive answer on his knee, going to be very interesting come draft night. I think trying to mock draft this guy is a mistake. We have no idea what teams are thinking here, he could even go late 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar