Do We Have Enough?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, May 5, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Until we see a full season of Locker, we dont know for certain what kind of supporting cast we will need,

If he is a more athletic Aaron Rodgers, id say we were a year of experience for Locker and a shutdown corner away.

But if he is anything less than that, this new offensive gameplan weve set up for him will likly fail i believe. i dont think systems make the quarterbacks. Rather. i believe that in the NFL the quarterback must be good enough to make the system effective in the first place.

Thus, im worried if Locker isnt better than hasslebeck in camp. If he cantt beat an aging QB in an offense that is more geared for his abilities then well............might have a problem...........

2. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Talent alone does not win Superbowls.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The D line should be better. If Martin and Casey gel and Morgen shows up.

We have no chance IMO if we run the ball as badly as we did last season. Glad to see the back of Scott but I'm in disbelief that Amano is still on the roster.

He was decent at guard with Mawae at Center but I wouldn't trust him back at guard unless we had a proven player at Center.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Agree.

I personally think the defense is worse and overall not very improved from last year. So if Locker is amazing and last year was aberration for CJ, then it's possible.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think that we have the talent to win it all but I don't think we will make it to the playoffs. This team may have as much raw talent as any Titans team I have ever seen since our cap issues but I think that our schedule is just too much for a young team like ours and has a starting QB that has yet to actually start a game. (I'm assuming Locker starts) That being said though this is the NFL and any team can beat anyone on any given Sunday.

Also, for the people who say we are going to sneak into the playoffs and lose; I'd really like to know how that would work. We have 7 games against teams I think will be in the playoffs (Pats, Steelers, Texans, Lions, Bears, Packers) there's no sneaking in with that as your lineup. If we do make the playoffs it's because we earned it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'd say so. I mean, are we average in a lot of areas sure, but we have a ton of potential on the team, especially on offense. I can't really see Hass leading the team to a Superbowl but if Locker can come in and play as well as he did last season then he can lead us I believe.

Britt must stay healthy and the O-line must truly gel if Amano stays at center.

I think the pass first approach that the team seems to be shifting towards is highly encouraging. Run first teams are just never going to be able to win a Superbowl anymore, and it seems like we've FINALLY realized that.

Look if anyone needs evidence of a truly average team winning the Superbowl, look at the Giants. They are the textbook definition of average and they've won twice in the last five years. They were 9-7 both years, and backed into the playoffs both times. If they can do it, we can too.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

We can get to the playoffs

If you can get into the playoffs, you can win the super bowl. you never know what can happen.

Not likely, but yes we can win the super bowl.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

We could make a push into the playoffs if a few things happen:

Locker genuinely beats out Hass for the starting job.
    -The team looks like they want to play for Locker when he's in there - it just seems like there's more effort from everyone as a whole. They seem a little complacent with Hass under center.

The ENTIRE offense stays healthy.
    - This is especially directed towards Britt. He's got the talent but he just hasnt been healthy enough for us to rely on him to be there to take us into the playoffs. Luckily we have two very capable QBs on our roster.

Jared Cook finally steps up his game.
    - I'm tired of waiting for Jared Cook to actually prove to us that he's the real deal. He needs to be more aware of the ball when he's in there. He's got all of the physical capabilities to be a great TE, but he just needs to be there mentally.

Our defense has to make plays.
    - We had a very vanilla defense last season and we terrible at rushing the passer. The complete lack of sacks or even hits on the QB really hurt us. QBs weren't scared of our D. We need to put the fear in them. Our CBs need to step it up with Finny gone and we need some real defensive leadership.

Obviously the OLine and CJ need to get back to form.
    - we were all tired of watching CJ dance around in the backfield looking for a place to go. His vision of the field used to be amazing, but teams began to gameplan him and shut him down on the outside. Our WR corps will really alleviate some of that pressure on CJ, but he needs to stop falling down at the smallest sign of contact and the OLine needs to open up the holes and throw the blocks that CJ needs to get into open space.

If we can do all of these things, we can make a push into the playoffs. I don't know if it guarantees us a Superbowl appearance, but teams will have to recognize the Titans as a talented team that has the ability to win big games when they need to. I'm excited for the future of this franchise right now, and hopefully this team gets it together sooner than later.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Amano is still the center so the answer is no.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

As of right now, no. A lot of players need to develop and dominate.

QB - Locker HAS to start, and dominate. He also has to be accurate and consistent. Look at what Dalton & Newton did for their teams, we need that from Locker. If he dominates he could lead us all the way.

RB - We don't need CJ2K, but CJ1.5K and a 4.5+ yrds/car. Id be nice for Harper to step up and just be a power short yardage back.

WR/TE - Britt MUST stay healthy. He could easily be a Top 5 WR if healthy. If Britt stays healthy, that'll open up the field for Wright and Washington. Cook needs to step up and be consistent.

OL - Amano needs to GTFO.

DL - Casey, Martin, and Klug will tailor the inside for years. As far as DE... we need some help. Morgan has done nothing. Wimbley hasn't played 43 DE since college. Both have potential.

LB - McCarthy showed glimpses of a star. I have a feeling he'll be our defensive leader and star for years. Ayers and Brown are young and we invested a 2nd into both of them, will they develop.

DB - McCourty and Verner are both underrated, McCourty will break out this year and start getting credit around the league. Then we have noone after McC and Vern. Id love for Tommie Campbell to step it up, he has rare size and speed. Griffin sucked last year, will his probowl form come back? Babs is overrated, we love him because he replaced an even worse Hope.

Bottom line: We have a ton of young talent, it all depends on how they develop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar