Do We Have Enough?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, May 5, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

That's certainly not the case in Green Bay. Sure Matt Flynn is a great QB, but when he comes in and puts up the exact same numbers as Rodgers, you have to question whether its the system or the QB.

Locker almost beat the Saints last year with limited preparation, no Kenny Britt, and no run game. If our offense as a whole can improve on last year's performance I don't see any reason why our offense can't keep up with other teams in the league.

2. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

some people really think highly of this team but the run blocking is awful and until the defense shows that it is at least average then winning even 9 games is gonna be tough. Jake Locker is a top 5 talented QB in the NFL right now though

3. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Now that's a comment you can't claim. Locker will need at least a year of experience before that can even be considered.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

4. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

you must be smoking something right now if you're claiming that Locker is currently a top 5 QB. He's never even started a game for us! I'm sure that Munch would have put him in if he was, in fact, top 5. Just sayin.

I sure do hope that he turns out to be a top 5 QB one day though.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

He said Locker had top 5 TALENT, not that he is top five.

If you look at the cannon arm, and the running ability, he may be right.

Of course, as an NFL QB, physical talent and a dollar will get you a coke. Jamarcus Russell was probably the most physically gifted QB I've ever seen play, but I knew from day one he'd be a bust. Mike Vick is probably the second most physically talented, and his career has been pretty mediocre. And Vince was stupid talented, and we all know that story.

I think Jake, in addition to the physical tools, has the work ethic and leadership skills to become something really really special. That's why I want to get him on the field and get his maturation process going. So that in an offseason very soon, the answer to this question is a resounding and unanimous HELL YEAH!

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He also ALMOST threw 3 interceptions with few attempts.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

So, as of now we have 32 realist and 27 dreamers. Nothing wrong with being a dreamer.

8. Titanfan93

Titanfan93 Camp Fodder

It's a matter of how far locker can take us. Can he become an elite quarterback such as brees/brady/manning/rodgers. The teams that compete in the playoffs are driven by their quarterback play and I think if locker proves to be the real deal we have enough talent on offense to make a playoff run. However, our defense has some questions. Will we be able to produce sacks? The addition of wimbley is going to be an interesting thing to watch but i think we missed a huge oppurtunity when we pursued peyton rather than mario williams. Williams would have been a game changer... I do not see wimbley having that impact. Our secondary is definitely on the rise with McCourty/Verner but it would have been nice seeing finnegan back rather than griffin. A safety like griffin is easier to replace than the toughness/leadership that finnegan brought the team

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

If you look at the numbers, Wimbley is about as productive as Williams at a lower price.

Willaims - 82 games, 192 tackles, 53 sacks

Wimbley - 95 games 281 tackles, 42.5 sacks

Factor in the major price difference, and we got the better buy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Titanfan93

Titanfan93 Camp Fodder

Possibly, also need to consider Williams draws a heck of a lot more attention though. But I agree we got a steal in wimbley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar