Do we really need the cap room?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

From the way it looks, McNair will cost a huge amount against the cap unless something happens. At first I was all for cutting his cap number but I now get the feeling that Bud Adams and Floyd don't intend to go after free agents that can make us competitive this year. So does it really matter?
    If I thought the cap room would be used to go after Brees and bring it Edge, I would be all for it

Any thoughts?

2. They still have time to deal with McNair. It's not something that has to be done right away. Plus, if a new CBA passes then we'll have more cap room to work with anyway.

Either way, they aren't going to sign a big name RB.

3. metal957

metal957 Starter

I think we will bring in a vet LB from somewhere and maybe a safety too on Defense.
    A veteran WR would not be bad either.

4. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I wouldn't be surprised if we sign a vet Safety such as that Tebucky fellah.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Those sound like solid moves IMO.

6. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

vet lb vet wr vet safety...... no need for an rb or qb from FA get calico to play with stick-um get the 2nd year wr's to stay healthy upgrade o-line somehow quite possibly a solid offense. Defense pac and rey wool at nick and some kind of safety fix for secondary d line pretty solid lb's are ?able but could be solid with june or witherspoon athletic lavar would be cool toobut maybe just wishing 8-10 wins maybe a wild card berth than next year make a push for the division and SB.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar