Do We Sign a Vet QB Still?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I can say this being older than the average person on this board that this ideal type situation of sitting a young QB for years so he can learn was not reality even as far back as the 60s.

When a team drafts a QB in the top 10 it is because they suck and that guy usually has to play fairly soon. Those teams like us today don't have anybody else!

You have these rare ideal like situations like when the cowboys drafted Danny White in rd 2 and he played behind Staubach for years. Or the Steve young situation playing behind Montana and Rogers behind Favre. Those are ideal situations that rarely happen! You don't learn anything from them.

We don't have a Montana or Favre and the QBs mentioned here are older guys who really have little usefulness beyond a year. Smith an exception.

So one year holding the clip board is fine but that is the limit. Palmer said in his interview yesterday on 104.5 that players learn from playing. Locker will play some this year and should be ready to start in 2012.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Rusty Smith? No thanks. I'd rather bring back VY, convert him to a WR, and run the wildcat every play than have Rusty throw the ball.

But in all seriousness though, I'd rather start Collins than Rusty, and that's saying something.

3. GeronimoJackson

No matter how many games Locker starts/plays this season, it's a safe bet that he'll be the opening starter in 2012.

4. GeronimoJackson

Man, and the first one was actually good. You should have quit while you were ahead. :ha:

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sitting a young QB can be beneficial, but so can giving him as much exposure as possible. I said earlier in another discussion that because of Locker's hard style of play, he'd be lucky to finish 16 games. Because of that, I'd like to see him get eased into the lineup. However, if he's ready day-1, we should by all means play our best option. If he does get the GO from the beginning, I'd expect him to get no more than 25 throws a week.

6. ItsGonnaHurt

ItsGonnaHurt Practice Squad

Just this week... Local Seahawks analysts being told the Seahawks are going to have a problem signing Hasslebeck, and that Tennessee is going to be the most likely pursuer... On a funny note, the analysts just said they were going to root for Tennessee (along with all the other Seattle fans)

:D

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's ok we only used an 8th pick on him. :irked:

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

i'd be more than glad to have Hasselbeck as a starter until Locker is ready.in fact i'll definitely take Hasselbeck over Collins.really sorry to say this but Collins isn't on the field more than a minute or two before the possession is three and out then punt.we saw that over and over last season.our time of possession was the worst in the league last year on offense and i think Collins was a big reason.

9. Titans_Dynasty

Titans_Dynasty Camp Fodder

We'll definitely sign a vet. I'm guessing it will be KFC for convenience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar