Do we???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Xplayer52, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Paul Williams.

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Now that's depressing. All of those weapons you are talking about, only one, Hall, is a starter.
    "....and surely to heck we can find a few WR's that can catch." Dang, where's my Prozac? :hang:

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

TNThunder if you consider Hartstock a weapon you need to whatch a game or just look at his stats he is in no way shape or form a "Weapon".

4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Everyone is scared about the losses on offense. The players we lost, although productive starters, were not top caliber talent. They are gone and we are looking at using unproven players in their place. I am one who believes that our new players, although unproven, will produce at greater strides than those we lost and thus won’t be missed.

The defense is our biggest questions mark. The sounds of Pacman, Harper, Hope & Griffith excite me. Unfortunately Pacman messed that up. We need a force to develop at MLB and DE to take pressure off KVB. Our DL has to improve dramatically against the run.

Offense is not the major worry. It is the defense. Our Superbowl team was built on a superior D and mediocre O.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

When you look at it, we did make some moves to improve the D. I think the competition at safety will be good for the position opposite hope. Griffen will fill in the hole of pac's departure, and can move over to safety when he comes back. Add in the MLB competition and we have some solid improvement. I was disappointed that we didn't do anything with the D line, but for this year DT wasn't a huge need, we have a lot of depth, and I guess the coaches have faith in Laboy or Odom being able to hold down the other DE spot.

On offense, with the line coming together, it makes it that much easier to find playmakers. We'll see who shows up by the start of the season.

Yes, we have holes and question marks, but there's potential in there too.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We lacked depth last year on D-Line. Having Long and Odom back will help a lot. That's an upgrade, hopefully. Moving these guys around a bit could really help. If Odom is still a natural at left end, and KVB doesn't drop off on the right side, it could provide us a major lift. Now we have situational pass rusher in Ford, a run-stuffer in Johnson, improved depth from Mahelona and Brown, and Brown can back up DT & DE.

Hartscock and Wallace will be our blockers. Troupe and Scaife our catchers.

Of all the rookie WRs, I'd like to think Williams will see a lot of time, but I think Davis will see more than some of our "veterans" before its over.

7. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

vince young will be passing a lot more and someone will have to be his main target so i guess we will find out when the season is played anything can happen with him on the field.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Mediocre O? Umm not sure why you would call them mediocre when you have McNair, Wycheck, Mason, Dyson , and Eddie George plus a solid line. I don't if it's just me but I would call that pretty dang good.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

No offense G-Links but Rein Long won't do much for us this year if he even makes it he almost lost his leg to a staph infection which required additional suregery after the torn achillies tendon which completely could ruin his career I mean how many players return to form after that. His explosiveness was his strenght and now it will be severly hampered. I just don't see this guy making the team and even playing much longer.

Odom has to do it now or never or he will be packing his bags after the season.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yeah, hartsock is definitely not a weapon, unless you see an undersized offensive tackle as a "weapon." He is no kind of reciever, but a solid blocker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar