Do you think Randy will make the Titans better?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 3, 2010.

?
  1. Much better.

51.6%
  2. Somewhat better.

41.1%
  3. Same.

5.6%
  4. Worse.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Disaster.

1.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

You are assuming (azz out of you and me) that VY is as good as Brady....Umm I don't think so.

I can see why any receiver on this team would be a bit timid about Moss coming here, for several reasons.

One, the Titans seem to have a great locker room...Moss will disrupt that by his very presence..

Two, VY is going to feel pressured to get the ball to Moss...this could result in interceptions and/or incompletions for no reason other than trying to please the Hall of Famer.

Three, Nate and others will begin to resent Moss because they will be treated like lesser players. That is just human nature.

All of that adds up to bad vibes... and possible games lost.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

What a terrible post. First of all, what gives you any indication at all that theres any issues with our locker room?

Second, VY has thrown less INT's then ANY QB IN THE LEAGUE. Saying that having a top tier receiver will cause him to throw more is not only sheer speculation, it's illogical. Better receiver=more INT? lol, right.

And third, Randy Moss is a football genius who has been called a GREAT teammate and a players veteran by nearly every team he's been on. Again, sheer speculation that 'Nate and the others' will be 'treated like lesser players' and resent Moss for it. And guess what.... they are lesser players. Thats Randy effing Moss. Future HOFer. Top 5 wide receiver OF ALL TIME. If they're smart they'll learn everything they can from him while they have the chance.

3. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

My point, exactly. Thank you.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

It is real simple IMO. Without Moss with Britt hurt we have no body to stretch the defense. So is Moss going to be better than Gage? Gage I assume is the guy who would line up opposite Washington with Britt out. I don't think Randy is as good anymore as many thnk and probably think Gage is better than many people think so I think he helps us somewhat better but possibly more than that if is real motivated and gives us 100%.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I feel Randy Moss makes us much better. I wanted to vote, "no s**t Sherlock" but it wasn't an option.

6. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Vince Young has thrown less intereceptions this year because defenses were stacked to stop the run, leaving one on one or sometimes none on one coverage for the receivers... it's easy not to throw a pick when your guys are wide open.

Randy Moss = Talented Diva Receiver

Talented Diva Receiver = Demanding the ball more

Demanding the ball more = More throws

More throws = Double Coverage

Double Coverage = More forced throws

More forced throws = More INT's

More INT's = Unhappy Diva Receiver

Seemed pretty logical. Now that's not to say I want all that to happen... I'm starting to sound alot like Deuce here with all this Moss hating. I'm going off track record alone but I hope he does well here. This Miami game on Sunday will tell a whole lot about how the rest of this season will unfold.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We're going to be the same until Britt comes back.

How can Moss possibly play better than Britt was playing before he went out? Moss is here to keep things as they were until Britt comes back, THEN we'll be better when Kenny is back on the field.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

At this point, Britt is likely the better WR than Moss is....but it's Moss' reputation that pushes him over the hump. Kenny is just getting started and I don't think DCs were game planning around him yet the way they do and will for Moss.

Until Randy proves that he can't be the great player that he's always been, defenses will game plan around him. Kenny can & will get to that point, but I don't think he is there yet.

Certain posters will argue against that because it doesn't fit their agenda, but it's the truth. Randy will make this team better because of his play and the attention that he garners. It's not rocket science.

9. TonyYoung

TonyYoung Camp Fodder

randy will make the titans much better because with randy we will get more first downs. only 5 teams in the nfl are worse than us when it comes to first downs. which also means way too much playing time for our defense. with randy we will improve those numbers! less carries but more yards for cj won't hurt either. randy will make us a much better team, it's that easy!

10. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Having Randy Moss on our team doesn't change the fact of how I view him as person. As a player, he is great and even HOF worthy... he brings instant credibility to our wideout position and our chances to make the playoffs. As a person, he is lost cause. From my few encounters with him back in his Huntington days to his recent outburst in Minnesota... one thing is for sure, he has not changed. I don't think he gets it, nor do I think he wants too, he has enough money not to care either way. Do you honestly believe given his track record, that moving to Tennessee is going to suddenly cause him this great epiphany?! Maybe he had it wrong all along? Maybe, just maybe he is suddenly going to become this wonderful person... people will see him in different light (ha!.. I just threw up in my mouth a little)

I don't make personnel decisions for the Titans, so if he is on our team I have no choice but to say I hope he does good... it's not like I want him out there dropping balls and not running out routes. I root for the team, not just the player. Every time he puts that Titans uniform on, I hope he rips the opposing team to shreds and gives 200%. But once he takes that uniform off he's still the biggest POS he always was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar