Do You Think We Turn Things Around Enough To Field A Winning Team In 2013?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Most optimistic fans will say yes we will turn things around mainly because things can't get much worse than they did in 2012.

Next season we will have a new GM and also a new offensive coordinator and the team will have all off season to identify and try and correct the mistakes that were made.There is also the fact that Jake Locker will have one more year under his belt and should improve.On defense Jerry Gray has had plenty of seasons where his defenses were among the best in the league.Last year had to be his worst ever and i think he will get things turned around.Toward the end of the season there was a six or seven week stretch where our defense got much better with the exception of the Green Bay game.

We have the NFL draft coming up and we could really use a game changer on defense.We haven't had a real dominant player in that regard since Albert Haynesworth left.We consistently had one of the top defenses then but the lack of a dominant presence the last couple years has seen us constantly giving up way too much on defense.So we really do need a game changer in there to get our defense back to being dominant.I think we need to focus on defense in this draft.

The schedule is easier than last year also with Kansas City,Arizona,Oakland,St. Louis among the games we play and of course division games with Jacksonville,Indy and Houston.We also have a few tough matchups as well including San Francisco,Seattle,Denver and Pittsburgh.

Do You Think We Turn Things Around Enough To Field A Winning Team In 2013?

2. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Not with our coordinators and HC

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wish I could be optimistic, but after a 9-7 last year and then a 6-10 season this year... my feeling for this team is all mixed up.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Won't venture a guess now. I think if we make some good free agent acquisitions and draft some players that will start immediately, then yes.

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

No

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

8-8 is usally a safe bet for the Titans.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm 50/50 on if we can turn it around or not, really depends who Munchak finds to replace Gray and Loggains.

It's all about play calling to me, we run these stale ass plays and we don't even run them right. We need a Sean Payton or Kyle Shanahan-like play caller. Those guys understand it's not what they know, but what their players know. They call plays they can execute to perfection. I watch RGIII sometimes and he's running the same plays over and over, same for Russel Wilson, his offensive coordinator gets it too.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Without drastic changes I have a feeling that 7-9 will be our fate next year. With the colts strong again, and now the texans too, makes our division tougher to play than in the manning era, when both the jags and cows sucked. Now we have 2 good teams in our division, one who also gets some help from the zebras.

Unless our front office does a complete 180 on how they draft and sign FA's, I can't say I'll have much hope next year, especially with MM being the HC. I think my biggest concern is being 8-8 or 9-7 and not making the playoffs next year. Just means MM and the coordinators will get another year to suck it up. Makes me wish we would have ended 4-12, just so Bud would have cleaned house and started fresh everywhere.

10. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

With the current staff? Probably not. I know everyone thinks we have an easy schedule because of the AFC and NFC west matchups but the bad teams ( with the exception of the Raiders ) should be better next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar