Do you want CJ on the Titans in 2014

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brew City, Mar 4, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    53.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Man you guys and your love affair with average Packers players. James Starks had a full season to prove he could be the #1 guy in GB. What did he do that year? Got benched. They must have felt so confident in him that they spent a 2nd rounder on Lacy. Not to mention the rookie was immediately the first stringer.

The Packers are a good team and I understand you guys want players from winning programs, but when I see you want guys like Kuhn, Brad Jones, Walden, Starks, and other very average players it makes me question you guys. I watch these guys every week unless the Titans and Packers overlap and I can tell you that you guys want no part of most of their players. I'd be fine if you wanted the few good players they have. 90% of their wins are solely from Rodgers and the WR corps and the other 10% is from great O line play and Lacy. The defense is just plain awful with a couple decent players here and there. You saw once Rodgers went down that was a completely different team.

2. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

This threads a good read. I just stand by the fact that I am not convinced that Johnson will be better than last year even with new schemes and I am not convinced that the blocking up front will be any better assuming Stewart goes.

It maybe against the grain but I'd prefer to see Greene and another scrub get minus yards rather than pay the bucks for Johnson who I still think for the most part , lost a step and downed tools once he had the big deal in his paws.

Perhaps naively I would prefer that Whizz's playbook was based around the mobility of Locker and the talent of the WR corps that we have got ; assuming Whizz still thinks Locker is the future.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'm kind of curious... if CJ goes to another team and is mediocre or average - at best - how will the CJ fanbase respond?

I don't care what happens with CJ... he leaves, he leaves... he stays, he stays. Whatever. If he goes to another team and lights it up, I won't care because I know, KNOW, he was never going to do that here. I just believe he will never work out again for the Titans - for whatever reason.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The sad part is that he will inevitably take less money elsewhere and take on the positional role The Titans want him to perform here. Any success will be a 'told ya so' by the CJ faithful but they will never acknowledge CJ would have essentially flipped the bird to The Titans in doing so..

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

His success will be because he lands on a team that opens up holes at the offense line the size of Mack trucks or because they get him out wide and have a lot of talent on offense...Stick him on an average or below average team, and watch him do what he did best here the past few years and average less than 4 yards. If I am wrong, then we know that he just simply played with no heart here, which IMO is even worse....Time to move on

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Here's a better poll
    http://www.tennessean.com/interacti...forts-by-some-secede-from-Union-?sf23558798=1

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Since the poll is too black and white - you get more discussion.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Give any starting back that criteria and they are going to put up big numbers.
    This is why you don't break the bank on RBs.
    Spend the $ on "mack truck hole-making" linemen or get "a lot of talent" on offense with your money instead of breaking your nut on a back that can't keep a drive going..

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Jim Wyatt
    @jwyattsports

Current results on CJ poll: 52.38% of fans think he should go, 40.3% think he should stay w #Titans, 4.16% don't know, & 3% have no opinion
    2:30pm - 6 Mar 14

Looks like Wyatt was creeping the forum and stole my poll. Or is it just coincidence this poll started 2 days after mine.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No he does this all the time. Several of my threads become his articles, but I dont mind, he has a larger audience than any of us here. Take it as a compliment.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar