Does ANYBODY have faith in Fisher?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It seems like i'm the only Titans fan that has faith in Fisher still.

2. Knux757

Knux757 Virginia Beach Elite

I have faith in him, but in all honesty my faith in him is starting to fade. Though we failed misserably today, it was Cecil who called the plays on Defense, and the players giving up plays. Fisher didn't throw 2 picks, fumble, etc. But because he is the Head Coach, it's his responsibility to make sure the team's got its stuff together. His stubborness to admit certain problems frustrates me. I just wish someone would slap him and he'd come to his senses. It's almost like he goes out there and his motto is "It is what it is" and thats not a good way to go about as a Head coach of a team, thats like not giving a rats a** about the outcome of the game.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I'm sure his Momma and his dog think he is the bees-knees

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

he knows the problems, he just doesnt want to admit them because hes trying to keep the teams confidence level up, hes a great coach and i gurantee you that every announcer/analysist would agree that fisher is a great coach!!!

5. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

I have been a titans fan through the worst times, and stood behind them. However, right now is a really tough time to say I still have 100% faith in JF. He refuses to admit his mistakes and refuses to adapt to changes in the game. It is almost as if the game of football is starting to pass by him, stylistically that is. The days of 3 yards and a cloud of dust are over, hell to a degree, the days of the 4-3 defense seem numbered, as many successful teams now utilize the 3-4. You can blame Cecil for the defense's collapse, but how many coaches have passed through here and JF's reputation remained intact. Blood was shed to keep JF's rep, that is obvious. JF's style of football and refusal to adapt also shows in the playcalling, and no, it isnt just Dinger making boneheaded calls, it's been the same thing, Fisher runs this team both on offense and defense. Why run CJ up the gut on a 4 and 2? Why throw a screen the White, and run him outside? Shouldnt the roles be switched? There is so much that is going on right now that many do not know about. There is a reason why VY didn't go in, and why he will never get a chance with JF as coach. JF has been done with Vince for a long time now and Vince wants out of tennessee but has kept quiet, just as his advisors have told him to do. Bud has to make the call for Vince to play, and if he comes in and plays well, its on fisher for not playing him earlier, and if he struggles, its on fisher for not "developing him". The :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr: has begun to hit the fan boys and the truth about some of the things the media has buried are going to start to surface. Why did AH want out of Tennessee? JF, why was Norm Chow sent packing? Because he wanted to change the offense to fit around Vince. Why was Dinger brought in? Because he shares JF's philosophies and fits the bill to call "fisherball". We have the players to have a pretty dynamic offense, but we do not have the coaching staff to use them properly. Chris Johnson is being used horribly in this system, and is slowly bleeding out here in Tennessee. Something has to change, and dont be surprised if/when Bud makes that call.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Fantastic post, agree with wholeheartedly.

7. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

An 0-4 start and you're ready to send him packing? You guys are rabid. He's coached us to alot of wins. Just because he's not using the wildcat and the 3-4 does not mean the game has passed him by.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

kinda does, not that I am calling for either one.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Faith, yes but it is waning. He's pulled through these situations before but he needs to adjust.

10. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

I'd high five you if I knew how.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar