Does anyone else think Peyton's arm looks weak?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, he was throwing wobblers all pre-season. There's no doubt his arm is weaker. He's admitted it and people have measured his ball speed and it's down.

I still think he's good enough to overcome it most of the time, but I can't see him winning a big playoff game on a cold, windy day.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Heck. He couldn't do that during his 12 healthy seasons!!! :)

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

The media is really to scared to say anything bad about PM. It was obvious during the preseason that his balls and no zip to them, but all ESPN talked about was how he looked great. I'm sure all the analysts aren't that blind. They knew he wasn't quite the same, but are just to scared to say anything for what ever reason.

4. Thaddeus43

Although I really hope he plays good next week. I would love to see him beat the Texans!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I was glad to see him beat the steelers. Wanted him to lose last night. Hope he never wins another game.
    Indiana fans are as bandwagon as it gets. Guys with colts jerseys on with Denver bronco hats, etc.

Would not be caught dead with a ravens hat on because McNair went there.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't think anyone could objectively say Manning has the same zip on the ball he used to have but at the same time it doesn't mean he won't get stronger over time. So it is hard to say how much is permanent or how much of it can eventually get rehabilitated.

I don't think it is a huge deal as he will adjust for the most part. But he did pick a team that plays in an open air stadium that can get cold and windy late in the season and I do think in those conditions he might have issues. I remember Jim McMahon of the Bears wasn't a real strong armed guy to begin with and later in his career he really struggled in the Chicago weather late in the year.

7. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Looked weaker to me. Quite a few wobblers.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I hear dbc is rocking a Rams jersey these days...

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Yea, I smelled his taint in here sunday night. For some reason he will only post in one thread and then disappear.

10. Thaddeus43

Tell me about it. This is the convo at work the last 2 weeks ...

Mon. After week 1:

Everyone at work - "Peyton is so great!! Go Broncos"
    Me - "Yeah, but what about them Colts"
    Everyone at work - "I just care about the PM and the Broncos right now. They are going to the SB!!!!"

This morning:

Me - "So how about the Broncos last night??"
    Everyone at work - "I don't really care about the Broncos, I mean I like Manning but thats it. I am a colts fan. Andrew Luck is the greatest ever!!!"

I can't wait until both teams lose in the same week. Then who will they be fans of? hahaha

Btw. Got into it with some people at work over this, and they said I was a bandwagon fan ... WHAT!?!?! Do these people even know what that means. I stick by my team no matter what. They are the ones that are flip flopping back and forth. Heck, most of them probably didn't even watch football until the Colts started winning. Go back to watching basketball you stupid hoosiers!!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar