Does anyone feel better...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dontdraftcutler, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I sure hope Schwartz took the "passive" style with him. I like to dictate what happens, not let it happen and then make decisions. Schwartz, how did that dictate:)

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wow...people talking about our defense in the loss as if it were the reason we lost. Problem was offense, not defense.

What would blitzing Flacco done?

Perhaps force a turnover? And then what? We are back on offense and still not scoring.

Perhaps they score more points? We still lose.

Defense was not the problem in the loss.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Tennessee O LOST the game

but Titan D still should have WON the game

only allowing 13 sounds great, BUT dehr Schwartzie allowed a late 4Q scoring drive that SHOULD have been a 3 and out at the least. The O was inept, but the D was castrated by MBSGWB

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

To play devil's advocate, AFC North teams live off of the blitz/screen and dare teams to get sucked into playing their game - and teams that do usually lose (at least to Pitt and Balt). When they play each other though all bets are off.

Titans didn't blitz and aside from some ridiculously dumb luck Baltimore was not successful..

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

By blitzing maybe we give up more long plays. We don't have the personal that the Steelers do (at linebacker especially) to blitz Flacco and put him under pressure as they did. I like our linebackers but their no Woodley and Harrison. So saying "well it worked for Pittsburgh" would be like saying "well why don't we throw it deep like the Cardinals did?" We don't have the personal and it's not what were used to doing.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

pick the spots and bring the heat. If dehr Schwartzie did not have blitz's ready then he was even worse than I thought, and I thought he was bad

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

We have every bit of equal or better personal then the Steelers do. To say we dont have the personal to blitz Flacco and put pressure on JF like the Steelers did is crazy. Our LB's are just as capable of getting to the QB then any of their 4 LB's,the difference is their constantly rushing the passer while ours play more coverage. I think if you dialed up a blitz with any of LB's along with our 4 man rush theres no question that someone is knocking down the QB. I dont know how you can make that assumption considering we dont blitz nearly as much as the Steelers do.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Doesn't matter who's corps has better linebackers. These teams The Steelers/Ravens want you to blitz them. They specialize in eating up yardage via the screen pass against blitzing D's. Against each other it's different because they both know that game better than anyone. If Tennessee blitzed away at Balt like The Steelers did this Sunday you can rest assured they score more than 13 against us.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

like the two 40+ yard passes?

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol - exactly. All the Titans allowed were big plays. scatbirds should have been shut down completly by the Titan D, we knew who they were and we let them off the hook!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar