Does anyone feel better...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dontdraftcutler, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Based on what? I can see if the Ravens were movin the ball up and down the field but that was hardly the case. They only had 161 yards through the air, 50 on the ground, and converted 23% of their 3rd downs. Their offense was terrible, you cant sit there and tell me that they would of put up more points if we blitzed them based on their offensive production throughout that game.

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

oh i feel just great, i wouldn't have wanted it to go any other way. who couldn't get completely over a playoff loss after an almost perfect season in just a week or so.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If we had every bit the personal at linebacker that the Steelers do than one of our linebackers would have won or been the running for DPOY but they weren't, Harrison was and did win it.

Yea and that was the Ravens offense, two big plays and a whole lot of nothing. I'd say that's pretty good. But all you Schwartz haters have impossible standards, anything other than a shutout with 12 sacks and 4 turnovers is unacceptable.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans OLBs are both above average, too bad all Jimbelina had them do is guard space 25 feet from the QB.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We were off on both sides of the ball. Collins was off target most of the night and picked off. Bironas missed a make-able FG. LenDale fumbled on a scoring drive. Crumpler fumbled in the RZ.

KVB and AH were coming back from injuries and just were not getting the same front four pressure we feasted off of most of the season. Harper got burned on a deep ball and Griff made some bad decisions jumping routes.

Both sides of the ball had numerous bone-head penalties. We had a few bad breaks with calls (Delay of game), but none that weighed more heavily against the outcome than our own bad play
    Let's just get over it. We weren't adequately prepared to make a deep play-off run and it showed. And it REALLY hurts because I honestly believe had we been properly prepared we could have easily beaten the Ravens.

That loss put me at the lowest point I've been as a Titans fan in the past nine years.

6. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

I have yet to get completely over the loss. I've moved on somewhat, but I haven't been able to watch 1 second of football since we beat ourselves. I go back and read the posts done a day or 2 after the game, and my stomach is in knots. And you can imagine how hard it was for me living here in Maryland and having to work with 2 Ravens fans closely for the whole week after the game. It was awful. But hey, at least I got one of them to admit that we had the game won. Never thought I would hear that.

7. psychotictitan

Absolutely stupidest thing i ever heard of. In a 3-4 your linebackers are treated as a D-lineman because their constantly rushing the passer so your chances of getting sacks are greatly higher then a LB playing a 4-3 whos asked to defend the pass more. If you were to put Bulluck in a 3-4 defense,espically Pitts,i'll bet my house that he would have won DPOY already or been in the runnings every year. Why dont you think he makes it to the pro bowl every year? Because the majority of the OLB's that make it play in a 3-4. KB is more of a well rounded OLB then Harrison and i'll argue that with anyone, and if you plan on arguing that, you cant use sacks as a reason because its two different defenses with two different philosophies

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

We don't run a 3-4 so your point is invalid.

9. psychotictitan

Its invaild because your wrong, i gave you exactly the reason that any NFL analyst or anyone on this board would give you. You cant compare LB's because its two different schemes,not quite sure what you dont understand about that

10. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

Can't we all just get along?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar