Does Brown's Return Show a Lack of Confidence in White and Henry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: From the Titans standpoint, it makes total sense.

Bring back the team's top RB from '04 and '05 at a bargain of $1.85 million. Give the Titans quality depth along with finding a potential #1 RB for the '07 season assuming he can stay healthy.

For Brown, it was a no-brainer. He's looking for the big payday and a year with the Titans gives him the best chance of getting the exposure he needs to gain the attention of GMs from across the league. He knows the Titans offense. He knows he has less completion in LenDale White and rookie Chris Henry than he would in Chicago against RB Cedric Benson. Signing with the Titans is the best route to a long-term deal in '08.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

i think the titans probably dont have much confidence in white cause he hasnt shown it so far so they bring in or keep a back they know can take a good bit of the load off the other two backs. I like it, im a big cb fan as it is so i was glad to hear it

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Neither LenDale or Henry have proved that they can carry the load for a full season. I'm not sure that the two together could carry the load at this point.
    They interviewed Chris Brown yesterday about his feelings on the Pacman situation. He was standing in the Titans lockerroom. If you look closely at the film, in the background you can clearly see them unloading Chris' stuff. Cases of Ace bandages, crutches, hot packs, cold packs, leg casts, elbow casts, bandaids, rubbing alcohol, trauma dressings, arm splits and several boxes full of excuses.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Good article, TJ.

Strangely enough, at this point I'm hoping Henry can move up and pass Lendale. If White is relegate to 3rd string in camp, maybe that'll piss him off enough to put in the work he needs to move up.

If Chris makes us better, I'm for him. I'm just glad we have other options. Keeping 3 starting caliber backs on the roster makes me feel better though. That does assume that Henry will be starting caliber.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I wouldn't read too much into it - unless we're also going to say that letting go of Travis Henry showed a tremendous amount of confidence in Lendale White. When you have a position with unproven talent, you always look to have a safe backup. If they went into the season with only Lendale and Henry I'd think they had lost their mind, and I have good confidence that 1 of those will be the starter by mid season. Signing CB was just good business for both parties. I guess it's safe to say they don't have full confidence in Henry, but with the footnote that at any given time I'd imagine that 70-80% of any roster doesn't have the full confidence of coaches.

7. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

I Just Hope That C.henry Steps Up And Beat Lenwhale, All He Knows Is Eat Mexican Food And Doughnuts.. What Is His Weight Right Now 300!! Not Looking Good For Fatty White. I Hope Chris "bubble" Brown Is Ready To Play..and Leave His Turf Toe Home.

8. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

I wouldn't say lack of confidence......

I would say that now we have a proven runner in CB just in case the other two don't pan out.

But let's be honest here. Neither LW or CH have had a chance to prove themselves on the field. Regardless of how they look now we still have 2 months till training camp. Bringing in CB at a discounted rate for a year is a heck of a deal.

If anything it helps our guys learn from someone who has done it and been successfull at it.(at least when he's not hurt)

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Even if Henry is the 3rd Back, he will play special teams wont he? Plus someone will be hurt...

10. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I agree with what Vman has said. If LW and CH have problems with it they just will have to deal with it. From a team standpoint, it was a smart move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar