Does Greg Williams move on after 2013?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

All things will depend on the mind of Mr. Smith. I'm hoping that a winning team is what motivates him and that he will do all he can to insure that will happen. So if we wind up in the lost column, I'm hoping heads roll and and a new staff is hired. On the negative side, if we wind up with one more win than loss, he may not make any changes. And that would indeed be sad.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think he will work well with Perry Fewell as HC :funnynot:

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I've been confident in our corners for a very long time. But I'm not sure bout the other stuff.

I mean i've been hating on Griff as much as everyone here for the past, i actually don't know how long. But he's actually been playing pretty darn well this year. He's really upped his game.

Pollard has had some mistakes in coverage, but actually more so in penalties. He's had several deflections that definitely surprised me as well and caught some INTs too. All in all, he was better than advertised for sure (I saw us getting someone much worse).

I've actually been quite disappointed in our LBs, I thought they'd be making much more impact plays. Ayers is seemingly no where to be found and Brown has faded a bit. Fokou made some plays but C-Mac in just a couple games has made me forget about him. Fokou is coming back I think and either way C woulda have gotten injured against the Colts.

As for the D-line, I'm not sure where that's coming from. Casey is strait dominating. Morgan is always around. Martin is a monster in the making. RP is getting in on the action. Klug is a great situational guy. Hill actually looks like a good sign, he's just got to stay healthy. Other than KW, this unit has done really well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I would like him to stay but have a feeling he takes the best coaching opportunity whatever that ends up being.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

same this year too

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Munch has a better head coaching record than Williams.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How can they fire Gray when the defense he supposedly runs has improved significantly? They set themselves up for this problem by not just firing Gray in the first place but firing a black coordinator in favor of the bounty guy was just too politically incorrect..

If we make a change at HC then it is ok for the new HC to hire Williams as the DC but Munch can't do that.

How many people think we continue next year with the same arraignment? Williams will want to run his own defense. We can't pay williams significantly more than Gray either.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The logic of JC Brave....

Head coaching winning %....

Del Rio .493
    Munchack .463
    Williams .354

Del Rio and Munchack are terrible and Wiliams is a stud.

:disappointed:

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

dude shut up, for christ sakes.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We were 32nd in scoring defense last year. Gave up 29.4 points per game. 27th in total defense.

Normally that costs a DC their job. Why didn't it?

Why was Williams hired in the first place if Gray had done a satisfactory job?

Common sense tells us the reasons. Palmer was let go for producing sub par results but Gray wasn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar