Does Reinfeldt keeps his job after 2011?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

All nicksmith talked about were the high draft picks and i'm not sure how Polian is at fault for guys getting hurt. I do know that the colts always seem to have people they can plug in when guys go down like Tamme, Collie, Garcon, Bethea, Lacy and Powers.

Polian is as good at drafting in the later rounds as any Gm in the league.

And how is addai a bust? He had over a thousand yards in his first 2 years and is good at protection and is a good pass receiver. He missed half the season with injuries this year. Addai is not elite but he is hardly a bust especially for a late first rd pick.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

FYI Curran ran a 4.75 40 at his combine one of the slowest among the OLBs. Edds had the 10th best time among linebackers and he ran a 4.71 and is 12 lbs larger than Curran.

Curran did improve his time on his pro day but compare his time to Mcgrath 4.61 or Shaw 4.51.

And why wasn't Curran activated most games? We got 2 guys who had been cut from other teams in Shaw and Bailey who played ahead of Curran. Shaw was part of our short yardage 4-4-3 defense. Curran played no role on the team.

3. 24

24 Starter

Reinfeldt is really good, very underrated. AJ Smith is the man, he knows when to keep players, when to get rid of them, the Larry English pick was questionable, but he always drafts well. And, how is Ted Thompson not on that list?

Note: All those GMs you listed (except Heckert) drafted franchise QBs. That's what makes or breaks a GM. Heckert is known as one of the best capologists in the NFL though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

depends if their is a season

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Let me start from the beginning...

Tamme, Collie, and Garcon are 3-4th stringers on a team not QBd by Manning, And Collie was the only consistent one out of those 3 WITH Manning. Garcon is a drop machine, even with one of the best QBs in football delivering him the ball. (see Super Bowl v. Saints) Ben Troupe would have been an absolute stud if he were with the Colts.

Bethea has been a good starter, he wasn't filling in for anyone. Lacey and Powers are serviceable backups, but should not be starting for a team. The Colts are in one of the (currently) worst divisions in football, and their DBs are bad. The Corners in the Colts scheme are not as easily exposed as other teams, with the Colts Cover 2.

So you've got me with one, Bethea. And Bullitt is better than Sanders.

Okay, so Addai is not awful, but he is not who they drafted him to be, or they would have not felt the need to draft a pure bust, Donald Brown, a few years later in the first.

Polian is all hype, living off of Manning on offense (Clark, Wayne, etc are extensions of his greatness) and a few good ones on defense (Freeney, Sanders was good, Mathis)

Note: all of these players were drafted 5+ years ago.

He's not responsible for injuries, but he is responsible for all the busts he's been generating in all sorts of rounds. If Reinfeldt was as bad as polian has been the last 6 years, he would have been eviscerated by now by the fans.

Polian did not get the roster ready for such injuries. They were bad at CB before the injuries. They were short on WRs before the injuries, with Wayne going downhill, with Gonzales being himself.

They were short on good players on the OL before the injuries. Polian did not get the roster ready to go, because of his bust picks of Ugoh on the OL, Both Hughes' on the DL and CB spots, Addai and Brown at RB, No depth behind Clark at TE, They were playing basically a tackle there late in the year, trying to pass to him.

Like I said, go to coltfreaks.com and get it straight from the horse's mouth. If you can't take their word for it, surely you won't take mine. I see a lot of Colts football. My dad's got season tickets, and it's all that's on TV here. If The Titans hadn't moved to Nashville, I'd have been a Colts fan right now.:sad2:

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/search.php?searchid=512342

If that doesn't work, search "polian"

6. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Preach..preach..preach !!

I know we have guys on our team that would flourish on different teams. Likewise, I see guys on other teams who may not be your A list name guy..but they play a huge role on their respective teams, or consistently make a huge impact..yet if they were on the Titans they more than likely would be riding the pine !!! :irked:

7. NYCTitanfan84

To play devil's advocate a bit here...

Did he strike gold or is Garcon a product of being put in a great system that allows him to succeed?

In no way am I trying to knock on Garcon..my point is actually about how certain teams can sort of plug in guys and not miss a beat. Whether its the Raven's and Steelers defense..Colts offense..etc..

I dream of the day we get to that point

8. NYCTitanfan84

Is Reinfeldt making all the calls in the draft? Or is Fish apart of it as well?

I ask this because sometimes I question what the thought process is going into the draft when it comes to the Titans. Are we just drafting whoever is on our board? Or are we drafting with a particular player in mind? Sometimes I feel like we're just drafting guys..and we end up with a bunch of different players..but do they fit our scheme?

When the Patriots draft a player...they're looking for a certain player thats going to fit in their system. Same with the Ravens, same with the Steelers. I think CJ is an amazing player...and im glad he's on our team. But I had to scratch my head on draft day because we've always been known to pound the football..wear down the defense type of team...so to take a speed guy in the 1st round was puzzling.

Sometimes when I look at our roster...I feel as though we have no identity. Are we still about defense? Then who are we? If we're going to be about rushing 4 (which I think is dumb) then we need to have a great front line..are we going to be a bout blitzing? and mixing it up..we need corners. Are we going to consistently ask our LBs to cover? then we need to draft LB's that can do that. We need to start drafting according to who we are as a team

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bethea started as a rookie when Sanders went down. He has made 2 pro bowls a 5th rd pick i believe.

Garcon can only be judged a great pick he had 47 and 67 catches the last 2 years. He is a 6th rd pick.

Brackett was undrafted and has had a great career.

Mathis was a 6th rd pick.

Look at the weakside linebacker position to understand how well Polian drafts in the mid to late rounds. Clint Session is a solid player comparable to witherspoon he is a 4th rd pick. His backups are Hagler a 5th rd pick and Conner a rookie 7th rd pick played a lot late in the year with little drop off.

You mentioned Bullitt? Who brought him to the team as an ufa? Polian.

When a team has injuries that go 2-3 players deep and still play competitive despite that it is the result of a GM who is bringing in good players every year.

You made a big issue of Donald Brown. Who drafted edgerrin James? Who signed Dominique Rhodes as an ufa? Rhodes played a big role in their super bowl win and gained 1100 yards one year.

Not only did Polian draft hall of fame players like Manning, Freeney, Waye he has kept them for all these years.

Polian signed Jeff Saturday as a free agent(4 pro bowls) and drafted Ryan diem in the 4th rd in 2001.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jacob Tamme hello? Tamme was one of the most productive TEs in the league in the games he started. A 4th rd pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar